Some pics from my first dive; out of port lucaya, bahamas

mustangcaleb

Market
Reaction score
these were taken with a disposable underwater camera so not the best quality, and doesnt show the colors of the corals and clarity of the water very well. but we had a blast!!!

19A.jpg
alt="" />

5A.jpg
alt="" />

13A.jpg
alt="" />

17A.jpg
alt="" />

18A.jpg
alt="" />

12A.jpg
alt="" />

7A.jpg
alt="" />

4A.jpg
alt="" />

3A.jpg
alt="" />

1A.jpg
alt="" />

0A.jpg
alt="" />

2A.jpg
alt="" />

00A.jpg
alt="" />

Edit: also we saw a lion fish the size of a football, no joke. and the instructor said theyve been told to kill on site bc they are not indigenous and are killing off all the smaller reef fish. the instructor speared this guy and these fish instantly started munching on it

16A.jpg
alt="" />

15A.jpg
alt="" />

14A.jpg
alt="" />

im not actually certified, this was the only dive we could find that didnt require a certification. they gave us a little 30 crash course in a pool before we went out. these pics were taken at a depth of around 45-50 feet

Sweet bro!How much for the dive total?Me and my girl friend(it will be wife then) are going April 29th and would like to do it.

$109 a person, but they do different dives everyday, and again this was the only one you can do without being certified. they do this one on fridays, but other days they do deep water dives, shark feeds, dolphin dives, turtle dives, etc

Barbara;630723 wrote: Very nice. Glad you had a good time. What are those white and yellow fish in the last pics?

no idea, i was actually hoping some one here could tell me. i only know what ive learned from the hobby :D

but they def arent tank fish, they started ripping that lion fish apart. but i did see quite a few fish that we have here in the hobby. i saw a bunch of tangs, and a few groups of royal gammas. i didnt know the gammas hang out in groups, they were like little gangs; "what reef are your representing?!"

Barbara;630723 wrote: Very nice. Glad you had a good time. What are those white and yellow fish in the last pics?

Definitely some sort of jack. Maybe a juvy crevalle?

Nice Queen Trigger and quite a Gorgonean forrest too! I saw many Lionfish on Eleuthera 2 years ago, from babies to footballs.

You went down 45-50 feet? I didn't think anyone with a 1-hour resort course was supposed to go below 33 feet (1 atmosphere)?

Man have things changed!

ichthyoid;632825 wrote: Nice Queen Trigger and quite a Gorgonean forrest too! I saw many Lionfish on Eleuthera 2 years ago, from babies to footballs.

You went down 45-50 feet? I didn't think anyone with a 1-hour resort course was supposed to go below 33 feet (1 atmosphere)?

Man have things changed!

Very cool pics dude

Those queens are mean as a snake too!

Very cool pictures. I hope the dive bug bit you while you were down. It's a ton of fun but I suggest you get certified before trying that deep again.

im glad everyone likes the pics, it was an awesome experience. im def going to get certified and get more into the hobby. ive been screaming marine biology my whole life, it wouldnt suprise me if my first word ever spoken was shark. ive always wanted to get certified but it got put on the back burned bc of the cost; and the fact i live in atlanta. as a broke teen and into my early 20's, what was i going to do with a piece of paper saying im certified other than show it off to my friends who dont even know what padi/naui/ssi is. but now that i did my first dive and realized im as comfortable at 50 feet as i am lounging in my own bath tub, i WILL get certified. and hopefully i can go diving with some of you guys someday

MustangCaleb;632916 wrote: im glad everyone likes the pics, it was an awesome experience. im def going to get certified and get more into the hobby. ive been screaming marine biology my whole life, it wouldnt suprise me if my first word ever spoken was shark. ive always wanted to get certified but it got put on the back burned bc of the cost; and the fact i live in atlanta. as a broke teen and into my early 20's, what was i going to do with a piece of paper saying im certified other than show it off to my friends who dont even know what padi/naui/ssi is. but now that i did my first dive and realized im as comfortable at 50 feet as i am lounging in my own bath tub, i WILL get certified. and hopefully i can go diving with some of you guys someday

Don't forget YMCA....

I like your pics. I feel sorry for the lionfish. He was just trying to eek out an existence, poor guy. Should spear the guy who let the fish or his ancestors lose in the wrong ocean.

Back