Rock Flower Anenome spawn?

gregwiechardreefr

Market
Reaction score
I got 11 nems from Rubio at the coral expo last Saturday ( they're amazing BTW)
He explained that they reproduce sexually and they always spawn in full moons. That night was a full moon and now my tank is littered w little spider looking things. At first I thought it was some random bug I picked up from a frag or something but as I investigate I'm opening up to possibility they may be young nems, what do y'all think based on pics. Second pic is from a RFA breeder and first is what's all over my tank190519_195100.jpgbabies-on-valonia.jpg

Wow. I have no idea but if you showed me just that pic and asked what it was I would say a hydroid. Not the bad kind that can take over but more of a jellyfish species. If it is a hydroid, it's part of their life cycle and this particular type eventually goes away. Google "hydroids on glass" and see what you think. As far as a rock anemone spawn, the first stage is release and I really don't think they'd have attached at this point but that's just a guess since I really don't know.

I'm far from an expert but these do look kinda like baby RFA that I've seen pictures of. Was this the booth at the end of one of the rows that had pretty much only rock flowers? I'm regretting not buying some! What was their store name?

I'm far from an expert but these do look kinda like baby RFA that I've seen pictures of. Was this the booth at the end of one of the rows that had pretty much only rock flowers? I'm regretting not buying some! What was their store name?

Yeah I bought 11 at the expo and another 11 since. They are wickedly beutifull.

Back