reef salt vs salinity

the-bubonic-one

Market
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering what was the main difference between these two salts. Specifically, why would one choose one salt over the other? What value do each one of these salts hold greater for the consumer over the other?

Thanks,
Bryan

I never realy saw a difference in the 2 but salinity has batch analysis don't forgot to shake the bucket it can separate over time and I love the bucket it has a good seal and screw top with lock I now use with other salts

$$$$$$ is the real difference, I have used both like, I really like seachem's reef salt and used it or reef crystals for years. tried salinity for a couple of buckets won't go into it but will recommend reef salt as the seachem product to use. it is a good solid product that has been around for a number of years with happy customers.

Hey Bryan, thanks for the question. Both Reef Salt and Salinity are great salts but there are some differences, the first of which is concentration. A standard bucket of Reef Salt mixes 160 gallons at a specific gravity of 1.023-1.024. A bucket of Salinity ( granted it is a larger bucket) mixes 225 gallons at a specific gravity of 1.025-1.026. So, while a bucket of Salinity will cost more than a bucket of Reef Salt or others, if you compare it gallon to gallon it only costs a few pennies extra.

One of the other great things about Salinity is that we do include a batch analysis one each bucket. This allows you to see what is in that particular batch. After mixing the batch, we test to ensure that it is within our parameters. Once cleared, the batch is packaged and stacked on pallets in the warehouse. We then send the same sample to an independent EPA registered lab that tests the parameters again, double checking ours. These parameters, pH, Alk, Ca, Mg, and Sr, from the labs tests are then printed on labels and placed on each bucket from that batch. This makes Salinity much more precise than any other salt on the market.

Really, whether you choose Reef Salt or Salinity, I am sure you will be happy with the results. :yay:

Back