RedSea Reefer

ecoreefguy

Supporting
Reaction score
Sooooooo…. My NEW… I repeat NEW DIRECTLY FROM RED SEA… has a leak. It’s not a catastrophic failure like an entire front seam breaking, but the front right part of the bottom seem is leaking. I had previously mention to RedSea that I saw what looked like a micro bubble in the seem, and they made it sound like I was being anal and it wasn’t going to affect the integrity of the tank. Look if I spend that much on a tank, I get to be picky. And looky here, what do we have? A goddamn leak. “Send us pictures, videos, , etc” … get someone to FaceTime me and I’ll goddamn show you. “ was the stand / sump damage?”… I don’t care if it was or wasn’t…. Send me a new set up . It’s been like 24 days since I put water in it. Stupid ass company.

I plan on getting a “smaller tank” one day for upstairs. I was scared away from Red Sea. Are there other similar setups that are trust worthy?
Waterbox?
Aquaforest?
Cade?

I plan on getting a “smaller tank” one day for upstairs. I was scared away from Red Sea. Are there other similar setups that are trust worthy?
Waterbox?
Aquaforest?
Cade?
Cade IMO is the best massed produced tank maker and they have great customer service with the owner being very accessible.

Sooooooo…. My NEW… I repeat NEW DIRECTLY FROM RED SEA… has a leak. It’s not a catastrophic failure like an entire front seam breaking, but the front right part of the bottom seem is leaking. I had previously mention to RedSea that I saw what looked like a micro bubble in the seem, and they made it sound like I was being anal and it wasn’t going to affect the integrity of the tank. Look if I spend that much on a tank, I get to be picky. And looky here, what do we have? A goddamn leak. “Send us pictures, videos, , etc” … get someone to FaceTime me and I’ll goddamn show you. “ was the stand / sump damage?”… I don’t care if it was or wasn’t…. Send me a new set up . It’s been like 24 days since I put water in it. Stupid ass company.
Sorry to hear. Good thing you did leak test.

Waterbox?
Aquaforest?
Cade?
Red Sea has been a big name in the hobby for a long time now. This seems like a temporary hiccup to me, but time will tell. They've been pumping out the AIO and "kit" tanks like this for many years.

That said, I've only owned an Innovative Marine tank and I'm pretty pleased so far. The previous owner had it running for about 3 years. The seams look very solid and I haven't experienced any leaks or any reason to worry about it so far. The only bad things I've heard about Waterbox are how their stands are made of an engineered wood, and I think I've seen criticisms of CADE using metric fittings? Which is a simple fix honestly. Aquaforest is too new for me to have heard much, but I'm sure they're fine tanks. You could even go outside the box with something like a UNS tank and plumb it yourself. I haven't really seen any reports of tank failures or other major issues from the top brands (excepting the recent batch of Red Sea tanks), but I'm hardly an expert. I'm just a guy who reads a lot of forums when I'm away from my tank.

Red Sea has been a big name in the hobby for a long time now. This seems like a temporary hiccup to me, but time will tell. They've been pumping out the AIO and "kit" tanks like this for many years.

That said, I've only owned an Innovative Marine tank and I'm pretty pleased so far. The previous owner had it running for about 3 years. The seams look very solid and I haven't experienced any leaks or any reason to worry about it so far. The only bad things I've heard about Waterbox are how their stands are made of an engineered wood, and I think I've seen criticisms of CADE using metric fittings? Which is a simple fix honestly. Aquaforest is too new for me to have heard much, but I'm sure they're fine tanks. You could even go outside the box with something like a UNS tank and plumb it yourself. I haven't really seen any reports of tank failures or other major issues from the top brands (excepting the recent batch of Red Sea tanks), but I'm hardly an expert. I'm just a guy who reads a lot of forums when I'm away from my tank.
The issue is this has being going on for 2 years now. Ever since they went with the rimless design, there have been reports of seems failing.

I didn't realize it's been happening for 2 years, that's a pretty big hiccup...

Weird that they haven't addressed the issue then, since they keep launching new products and sending people replacement tanks. Struggling to wrap my head around that one...

I didn't realize it's been happening for 2 years, that's a pretty big hiccup...

Weird that they haven't addressed the issue then, since they keep launching new products and sending people replacement tanks. Struggling to wrap my head around that one...
I think I was removed from their “official owners page” on Facebook. I have owned like multiple tanks. Their response to me sharing my negative experiences is always “ don’t bash on here, contact RedSea support”.
I bought the gen 2 even tho it was significantly more expensive than gen 1 atm, bought the extra warranty ( they actually had the audacity to say he we might not be able to transfer the warranty to new tank) if waterbox didn’t have such crappy glass I’d go with them -.-)

Back