Please help: Neptune EB832 stopped working

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Im seeking advice from any experts here. Im not intimately familiar with these units.

Im fortunately working from home today, and my whole tank turned off. At the moment, i plugged my heater and return pump in a surge protector... so short term, i am good. But what is the issue with the apex? And a solution?

It seems to be related to my EB832. The house circuit breaker is good. The apex area is completely dry and room temp... with a bit of dust but not much. Eb832 and all units are mounted. i unplugged everything from the eb832 except the brain. I try the reset button. It clicks but wont stay.

If i hold down the button, the EB832 logo flashes orange... before settling on solid orange (10 seconds). Meanwhile, the brain logo goes green, magenta, green, then settles on solid orange. At 20 seconds, the outlet indicator light-up 1 though 6, with 7 and 8 staying off. The moment i stop holding, the whole system goes off.

Please help if you have any experience. I know a few of yall are treasure troves of info.

(Im considering buying a new eb832 anyways)

Edit: replaced "EB8" with "EB832"

Last edited:
Any EB8 does not have outlet indicators on it. You sure you don't mean an EB832?
My apologies; EB832 is correct. Haha, I'm unfamiliar enough to use the wrong term.

Thank you. I've update the original post.

Sounds like a bad breaker in the energy bar. If you bough it new the best bet would be to contact Neptune.

Yeah. No response from their Tech Support yet. Just picked up a replacement. Fortunately i had a good amount of store credit at Pure Reef and they had one in stock.

Ill keep this thread updated

Does the eb8 show an "!" In the app like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-193155_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005-193155_APEX Fusion.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 12
Mine was a first generation and stopped working after a power surge, Neptune said they can’t fix it , I bought a $7.00 part off Amazon and installed it myself , working fine for months now, yes it had the same symptoms yours has and the red !

Mine was a first generation and stopped working after a power surge, Neptune said they can’t fix it , I bought a $7.00 part off Amazon and installed it myself , working fine for months now, yes it had the same symptoms yours has and the red !
Yes it's repairable. There's a YouTube video that shows how to do it. Neptune are a bunch of crooks

Lol..
You can repair it...there is a part...but no links or further information?
There are a handful of things that can go wrong with EB832's. In this case it's probably the breaker or caps.

If you don't want to or can't to do the repair yourself I'll buy it off you. If you can do it, a quick search gives you plenty of info.

Lol..
You can repair it...there is a part...but no links or further information?
A quick search on Google or YouTube will show you how to buy the part lol

take the unit apart and install the new part

I believe if this first generation ( The ones with a small serial number sticker on the back as opposed to the new ones ) were plugged into surge protectors along with a GFI they will never be a problem

Neptune agrees

Attachments

• 321D81EA-8328-4B15-B4DC-E536F7E7F113.jpeg
    321D81EA-8328-4B15-B4DC-E536F7E7F113.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 9
Thank you everyone!

Yes, I'll save it and repair it myself. I enjoy learning new skills, especially regarding repairing equipment and saving myself money down the road.

Thank you everyone!

Yes, I'll save it and repair it myself. I enjoy learning new skills, especially regarding repairing equipment and saving myself money down the road.
If you don't have a soldering station or an iron and desoldering stuff you're welcome to bring it by and I'll either show you how or do it myself.

Back