Moving on Up, Build Thread. The new IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 2 Lagoon.

56cbr600rr

Supporting
Reaction score
The few people I DO know on the forum have been telling me I should get a larger tank, with the wifes say so... I am now. Here's the thing... I'll probably get teased, but only going up to a 40 gallon.

The new IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 2 40L, which is there new Lagoon tank IMO has in incredible lay out. I seem to like the lower light LPS and mushrooms that like to be low (aka sandbed), so this is perfect. This new tank actually has more sandbed area than the IM Lagoon 50! It is right at 36 inches wide and1 inch taller than my Lagoon 25 (which will be for sale w/ stand eventually). I have not purchased the tank yet,although I will between now and Black Friday. BTW, Do they usually have a sale on everything that day???

I have already started the stand. I have already had a nice piece of granite cut for the table top portion of the stand and have done most all of the basic framing and staining. I am taking more time and care to display in a nice way the Neptune Apex setup. A dark poly Kona stain offset with the bright orange accents for wire and hose management. False walls to hide cables, etc...

Most of the equipment will be carrovers from the 25. The Nero 3's will stay. The two Prime 16's will go, in favor of two Hydra 26's retrofitted with Luxdium led pucks.

No pics at the moment, although I will post some stand build pics later...

Nice! They have sales on select tanks right now for a limited time. I would sign up for their marketing emails. They've been rotating tanks.
Yeah, at the moment they have the tank with stand on sale as a combo. Waiting for tank only. If not by Black Friday, will pick it up regardless..

Without pictures, how do I know you’re not pulling my leg 😛

Hah!
Proof I own at least a "partial" Stand!

Front shot, which I have had a custom cabinet door made for.

72C47596-991C-4F0F-A682-E443EF6492BE.jpeg

Here is the left side where the main Apex module, EB8, and EB832 will be mounted.

8DE4FD09-01C8-458A-B298-BB48F3C2DCE3.jpeg

And the other side. My Simplicity container, Trident, and 2 DOS's will go there.

A4F6A80E-ED91-4BC2-BE18-26534147A6D1.jpeg

Also, I am most likely gonna retrofit the pucks on my Hydra 26's. Anyone seen these? Luxdium – luxdium Look promising.

I've been following this guy on FB for sometime.. He's a LED guy with production capability. Lots of testing and info he has put out there along the way while in development.

Completed the stand today, and pretty pleased overall. Everything is done except for moving over the cabinet door… Which I will do once I get the tank up with water in it.

Poly stained so it's waterproof, granite for a flat top, Neptune Apex matching orange for running the wires, and four false walls built in to hide the wires.

51B42FD0-9604-4F53-85A4-E29581215A55.jpegB4CAA5F8-C944-40CF-A4C7-91BE11047881.jpeg699EB01E-89AC-44D6-AA08-B4D5343E95CE.jpegFE3873DF-09F9-4BC5-AB95-48F0C76BD3D2.jpeg

Take your wife’s approval for granted and go way bigger while you can!!!
Ime at this point I can say that I’ve ran the smaller leagues enough, 5 gallons up to 40 (in saltwater, I’ve had way more tanks in FW in my teenage years) and the biggest was a 150, I’m working on my 220, but I can directly say that the same effort you put on a 20 or 40 on maintenance is equal to a 220, you’ll be expending almost same time on smaller tanks as you could expend on a bigger one, plus, you could enjoy more on a big one. Yeah, some could say, you’ll expend more… isn’t expensive already??? So to finalize, stop and get yourself a bigger tank. Ask Scott or Adam.
I understand it depends on many other factors, space and all that, but you already have an approval!!!
In my case: Edit: “I won’t be able to do it”

Last edited:
Also, I am most likely gonna retrofit the pucks on my Hydra 26's. Anyone seen these? Luxdium – luxdium Look promising.

I've been following this guy on FB for sometime.. He's a LED guy with production capability. Lots of testing and info he has put out there along the way while in development.
I have been waiting to see if they would ever have anything in stock. I guess I need to follow up.

Checked the IM website today. Was on sale!

Ordered. Can't wait to get it up and running.

In the next 2-4 weeks will have the Lagoon 25 and stand for sale. Not a scratch on it. As well as two perfect black AI Prime HD16's with boxes and Brand spanking new lenses.

Back