PH drops due to stuffy house/moisture?

FishRfriends

Supporting
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with their pH because of the house? I had a leak a few months ago and started to see alot of water marks around the house. After trying multiple different things to keep pH from dropping I've came to the realization I must add balance by aquavitro every other day. I've tried air pumps and running chaeto with no luck. Alk stays between 10-12dkh cal 440. It's a 21G cube reef with inverts and coral. I'm hoping this post either helps others dealing with moisture problems or maybe someone has an answer to my problem. Thanks reefers!!

C02 in the room makes a difference. Fresh air/windows or a door open for some air exchange will help with good surface agitation from pumps.

You don’t mention what the ph drops from and to? I’d be much more concerned about the ALK…
Today pH is 7.9 from 8.2. ALK is 12dkh and calcium is 440. I haven't seen it go lower than a 7.9 but I'm trying to keep it higher. The goal is 8.2-8.4.

This is the setup. Torch and goni isn't as extended as it once was since I transferred the tank to current room.

Attachments

• PXL_20230310_171526024.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230310_171526024.MP.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 8
Back