Peppermint shrimp

Davek

Supporting
Reaction score
Do peppermint shrimp eat coral? I have one that has seemingly took out a new acan. I've had the shrimp for several months and I've never seen it touch a coral other than to pick food off of them. Thanks in advance. ✌️

how was the health of the coral before you saw it eating it? typically they don't touch live coral, but like anything in the reef, it can be possible.
I only has said coral for 2 days. I'm not sure. It looked okay when I bought it.

They 100% will start eating LPS if there’s no aiptasia around for them to eat. I lost my acan, NY Knicks torch that was splitting into 4 heads, a hammer with 3 heads, and an octospawn before I realized my peppermint shrimp were going to town.

They 100% will start eating LPS if there’s no aiptasia around for them to eat. I lost my acan, NY Knicks torch that was splitting into 4 heads, a hammer with 3 heads, and an octospawn before I realized my peppermint shrimp were going to town.
Little turds.

Ditto. Mine also went a little rogue after wiping out the aptasia. One morning I found the guts of a godspawn mushroom picked apart and the next day little pieces of an orange hammer.

They now live in the refugium and I feed them separately
983F66A7-8556-4119-BC52-4852D6DB7A0B.jpeg

Back