PENDING Fish diseases sub forum?

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
I think it would be great if we could have a forum specifically for asking questions about fish illness. That way when someone has a question about their sick fish it won’t get buried in the general reef discussion or new peoples questions.
Just a thought.

That is such a huge subject, I'm not sure we have anybody as expert on the subject as what is already available on the Humblefish forum in the Diseases and Treatment forum. That is my first go to support for that kind of information, I highly recommend it.

That is such a huge subject, I'm not sure we have anybody as expert on the subject as what is already available on the Humblefish forum in the Diseases and Treatment forum. That is my first go to support for that kind of information, I highly recommend it.
Is there any way we can get that information on our forum so it is readily accessible to members? I feel like as someone new to this hobby that I feel more comfortable getting advice or at least running questions by, my more experienced reefer friends :)

While we could do that I would probably recommend everyone having fish issues go over to Humblefish's new forum. While many of us here have a decent illness working knowledge, I don't believe any of us are experts.

I am planning on seeing if he is interested in helping me setup my QT service I plan on starting.

I second Adams suggestion.

If you are in this hobby - you should at least peruse the humblefish forum - that way if you do find yourself in a situation - you may already know where to go and what to do.

There is a ton of knowledge and information being shared there for free - by quite a few people that just want to see our pets live the healthiest life they can.

I've never heard of this place but this looks to be a great resource.

Being just a comparatively small local reef club, it might not be the best use of our time and resources duplicating all the quality information already available. If we did wish to do so I'm sure permissions would have to be obtained.

Humblefish was one of the lead guys over at R2R's fish disease forum for quite a long time. He branched off and started his own forum at the beginning of the year, for reasons I feel are valid but won't get into here. You can read all about it over on his forum. This is not to say R2R still isn't a good resource but there is at least another, very good, option.

I would not have known about his site if @lmm1967 wouldn't have told me about it last week. Thanks Leo!

Humblefish was one of the lead guys over at R2R's fish disease forum for quite a long time. He branched off and started his own forum at the beginning of the year, for reasons I feel are valid but won't get into here. You can read all about it over on his forum. This is not to say R2R still isn't a good resource but there is at least another, very good, option.

I would not have known about his site if @lmm1967 wouldn't have told me about it last week. Thanks Leo!
And this is my point EXACTLY @Adam and @Steve Burton and @Imm1967! If we do not post this info on our local club forum accessible to noobs, and if they are t into asking a lot of questions on a forum how will they know this info is available? Adam, if you already have a relationship (or Leo) with this guy couldn’t we just ask him if he’s willing to have a link to his site posted on our forum but not buried in a thread like it will be now?

Most of the forums have a purpose - at least for me - the guys at humblefish (and girls) are providing an incredible resource for free.

I've only been over there for a couple weeks but have already altered some tank related stuff here at the house

And this is my point EXACTLY @Adam and @Steve Burton and @Imm1967! If we do not post this info on our local club forum accessible to noobs, and if they are t into asking a lot of questions on a forum how will they know this info is available? Adam, if you already have a relationship (or Leo) with this guy couldn’t we just ask him if he’s willing to have a link to his site posted on our forum but not buried in a thread like it will be now?

Your suggestion / request / idea should be presented to the BoD

Marking this as pending. We will update with any progress.

Back