Ocellaris Juvies

bvi8370

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a member for a couple years, but this is my first post. I just wanted to share a video of my first successful Ocellaris hatch :yay:. The mother is pretty typical but the father is an extreme misbar (no mid body stripe and barely a tail stripe).

Anyway the babies are about 24 day post hatch. Plenty of misbars and saddlebacks in this batch as well as typical three stripers. Not sure if the mother toned down the father's traits or vice versa.

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/kHqSBvwaepE">https://youtu.be/kHqSBvwaepE</a>

Here's a pic of the mother(no pic of the father - he spends most of his time tending eggs in his flowerpot so getting a photo is a challenge.)

[IMG]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TkXR0Fk2V1ZHcxd21xZ3I4SHc/view?usp=sharing" alt="" />

Enjoy!

Bear

Great job Bear! I love seeing a tank full of growing clownfish ... makes me want to crank up the nursery again!

Bob

Just when I thought this "Breeders Corner" had become a ghost ...... I read this. :thewave: Your extended family looks magnificent. I traveled to Athens a couple times some years back to purchase some clowns from James Cook's extended family. James stopped breeding clowns some time past. I'm very excited to see that a new breeder is located in Athens. Are you thinking about selling to the general public? I believe it's a 2.5 hours trip for me (one way of course) to Athens. It sure was worth the drive to select clowns from James.

Wannabee

bobz;1091330 wrote: Great job Bear! I love seeing a tank full of growing clownfish ... makes me want to crank up the nursery again!

Bob
How can one contribute in making this happen?

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1091401 wrote: How can one contribute in making this happen?

Wannabee

LOL. One would have to retire first! I'm on the road almost every week these days.. but sooner or later ... BZ

bobz;1091934 wrote: LOL. One would have to retire first! I'm on the road almost every week these days.. but sooner or later ... BZ

+1 What he said. This is literally a full time job to do it right. My breeding has come to a stop because of work. I literally have no time to continue doing it. I have 10 breeding pairs and 50-60 juveniles and they are just sitting there. One of these days I hope to start it back up. It is gratifying to raise something from the size of a grain of pepper to a full size clown.

merkywater;1091959 wrote: +1 What he said. This is literally a full time job to do it right. My breeding has come to a stop because of work. I literally have no time to continue doing it. I have 10 breeding pairs and 50-60 juveniles and they are just sitting there. One of these days I hope to start it back up. It is gratifying to raise something from the size of a grain of pepper to a full size clown.

Amen brother! The first time I wa able to raise a tankful of clowns I was hooked! I am currently trying to get a pair of jawfish to pair up and spawn but not going to be able to raise them at this point. Love to see others getting in to breeding and keeping this forum going. I'll be back!

hey im trying to set up a small nursery in athens and would love some advise.

Back