Ocean Force by MRC

skriz

Reaction score
OF-Brochure-Final-II-web.jpg
alt="" />

The new Ocean Force by MRC are now available.

Here are some photos of the final release! http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=34_460">Aquarium Specialty </a>is running a sale on the Ocean Force line right now...go check them out (if you didn't know, they're one of the new ARC sponsors).
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/224331=13328-Ocean Force 200.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg>
224331=13328-Ocean Force 200.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Ocean Force 200.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
224331=13327-OF 100-B.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
224331=13327-OF 100-B.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="OF 100-B.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
224331=13329-OF 300-2907.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
224331=13329-OF 300-2907.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="OF 300-2907.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Cool. I like the latest modifications. Did you guys get the molding equipment necessary to form those conical necks?

<span style="font-family: Century Gothic;"><span style="font-size: 14px;">We do have the necessary equipment to make the neck cones!</span></span>

It's been three days going strong for my OF 100. It looked great when it first fired up; it's starting to look better with the neck and cup starting to break in. I still can't believe how small the footprint is. The gang at MRC did a great job with this product and have been outstanding in their service!

Yeah, they got it right on the small footprint. The design is very space conservative. When I saw them at MRC I was impressed with the overall quality. And this was before they had the conical neck reducers. The test skimmers were hauling butt in the test tanks.

Very impressive...looks like another excellent quality product from MRC!

I want one but there is no way that will fit my sump:sad:

Man I sure woud like to get one of those skimmers. As soon as some dead beat pays me for a chiller, I will be able to get one of those nice Skimmers. Can't wait :yes:

My OF 100 is in about 4" of water and it's working fine. I suppose it only needs to be high enough to cover the intake head without causing a vortex but don't quote me on this. I haven't seen any sort of manual for it and they didn't say anything specific about water level when I picked it up.

Roland Jacques;224447 wrote: Man I sure woud like to get one of those skimmers. As soon as some dead beat pays me for a chiller, I will be able to get one of those nice Skimmers. Can't wait :yes:

I'll get on that guy asap...what a bumb!

kelleyga36;224472 wrote: How deep of water in the sump is recommended for these skimmers?

The minimum should be about 4 inches. As long as the inlet is submerged, you should be fine.

They look sweet. What kind of numbers are you getting in terms of air flow on these?

I have a couple of great pics of day one and today. There is quite a bit of difference the skimmate is thicker and darker. I know it may take longer to fully "break in" but even now it's beating the pants off my old skimmer.

BTW How do you upload pictures? Aparently I have to load ActiveX by clicking on an elusive "Information Bar". I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Good eye, David. Those are the old specs..forgot to update them!

OF 100 - 7x7
OF 200 - 9 x 8.25
OF 300 - 12 x 10

Back