NY aquatics for fish

kodock

Supporting
Reaction score
I came across NY Aquatics, and they appear to have the best prices on fish, with a 14 day guarantee. I got my gem tang from them at a steal ($250). For instance, today they have purple tangs for $120.00.. and a 10% coupon. They have some high end specialty fish, and XL fish as well. Just thought I’d let some fellow reefers know. Even with shipping, it’s still cheaper than stores. Koi Tangs are typically half what you would pay in person.

PS. Not sure if this suggestion is allowed lol

Last edited:
I bought my yellow and purple tang over 5 years ago and several other fish when I lived back in New York

all doing well down here to this day

I bought my yellow and purple tang over 5 years ago and several other fish when I lived back in New York

all doing well down here to this day
Awesome!! That’s a long drive! I’m debating on ordering a purple today, but don’t want to risk any aggression. This has become my tang’s tank, and everything revolves around it now lol just seems like she needs a play friend. As she grows, my spending will be to accommodate to a bigger tank just for her haha

IMG_5975.jpeg

Where are you seeing these prices? It’s showing a bit more for those fish

Gems are not currently as low as he quoted above. Purple is here
@ecoreefguy

The gems were that price at one point. Not today. “Got” in this case is past tense, following with “For instance, today..”. When he’s out they come of the site instantly. I was just throwing it out there for anyone looking to get fish to check it out every so often. Prices change based on size. He had a live sale starting yesterday, and it looks like a lot are sold and off, like the koi tang and others.

Also, these aren’t everyday prices. It’s when he has sales.

IMG_5978.jpeg

I buy wholesale, and when NY Aquatics do sales on Gem's, they are cheaper than I get wholesale. I have purchased 25+ fish from them. Fantastic company, easy to deal with, you won't go wrong with Mike, dude gets some fish nobody else can get!

Awesome!! That’s a long drive! I’m debating on ordering a purple today, but don’t want to risk any aggression. This has become my tang’s tank, and everything revolves around it now lol just seems like she needs a play friend. As she grows, my spending will be to accommodate to a bigger tank just for her haha

View attachment 88575
I actually had to separate the purple tang, after a year down here, so in 2021 it became very aggressive towards the yellow tang so I left the yellow tang in the 100 gallon reef and the purple tang is in the 540 gallon tank mixed angel fish tank,
They’re both about 4 to 5 inches now
I think the yellow tang was $25 and the purple tang was $50

Back