New Member in Decatur

rdana24

Supporting
Reaction score
Good morning, fellow reefers!

I’ve been hanging out on the sidelines doing research (lurking?) for a while. I’ve had a 75g African Cichlids (Mbunu) tank thriving for a while, so finally decided to take the plunge into reef tanks a few weeks ago.

Starting small (for now) with a standard, rimmed 10g that’s been cycling for just over three weeks now. Hopefully that will be done soon, but I’ll start a thread separate from my intro on the “issues” I’m having there.

Current build list:

10g Aqueon (rimmed)​
AI Prime 16hd​
Tidal 55 hob w/ included foam and matrix, topped w/ floss​
Fluval 100w heater​
Sicce Voyager Nano 1000 (not pictured because I forgot to notch the lid last night for the cord, lol)​
10 lbs CaribSea Live Sand​
10 lbs CaribSea LifeRock​
DIY mesh lid​

(headed to either Premier or Atlanta Aquarium in a bit for an ATO and a power head for saltwater mixing)

Planning on stocking a single O. Clown and possibly a purple or red firefish goby, along with soft and LPS corals for now.

I welcome any and all initial advice or suggestions. Super excited and looking forward to learning more from everyone. Thanks!

EAA26E87-796C-456A-91A0-BF422CBF3F83.jpeg

Welcome! Coming from the only year old newbie take your time, your going to have your ups and downs and quarantine any new fish regardless of where they come from. That last ones from experience on our end.

Welcome & also thank you for deciding to become a supporting member of the ARC!
Feel free to post updates, or any questions you may have, along the way.

Welcome! Coming from the only year old newbie take your time, your going to have your ups and downs and quarantine any new fish regardless of where they come from. That last ones from experience on our end.
Thank you! Taking it slow for sure. I am trying to think through how to quarantine though. Guessing there’s really no way, other than to set up another nano tank for this purpose. My original idea was to set this one up, knowing I’ll eventually want to upgrade to a larger tank (already there, actually, haha). That way, could use this as the QT for the bigger one, after transferring all the sand so it’s bare bottomed, and leaving it fallow for a few months.

Welcome & also thank you for deciding to become a supporting member of the ARC!
Feel free to post updates, or any questions you may have, along the way.
My pleasure! Seems like a great group, so happy to support. I’ll be posting later in Tank Issues / Please Help what’s been going on with my cycle, after doing another set of tests.

Go onto Humble Fish and look up their quarantine methods. We have 2 spare 10g and equipment set aside just in case now.

Welcome! For awhile a few of us were giving free frags to new supporting members. Let me know when you are ready for coral!

Nice to see a new member on my side of town:) im in lithonia! I see you're a supporting member so id be glad to give you some free starter corals if you'd like. Just lemme know. Welcome to the club🥳

Last edited:
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Back