My resignation

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
Hey all. Most of you have noticed I've been very inactive for the last few months. A lot of you know the reasons why. While I take my responsibility to the club very seriously, real life events this year have prohibited me from being the president this club deserves. I'm very very fortunate to have been surrounded by a board of directors that has had my back and been there to help lighten the load of leadership, however I'm just not going to be able to be of real service to the club like the club deserves. I've broken down my tanks (as lack of time and energy for reefing has required as much) and have sold a lot of my equipment. I'd like to say I'll be back to reefing, but I can't say that for sure at this point.

I can't say for sure what the board has planned in my absence as I've missed a few board meetings. I wish this wasn't the case, but sadly it is. I do know, however, that they've kept making forward progress from the information that's been relayed to me. I have utmost faith in their abilities to handle whatever needs to be handled, as I've learned quite a bit from the guys on the board. The club will remain in good hands under their leadership.

This all being said, I know they're willing to accept any help offered, so if you've got the time and want to be of service, hit up one of the board members. I'll be returning all club equipment to the board and will have all of my website administrative privileges revoked by the end of this week. Please understand, this is my choice. There's no drama, no issues with the board. I've been proud to work with these guys up to this point. I just have to step away.

I will continue to check in from time to time as I get more equipment ready to sell/give away, and I still want to stay in touch with y'all, but I'll be more inactive as the next few months progress. I wish you all the best in your lives and reefing journeys. With that being said, thank you all of the privilege and honor of being your president, and may the club continue to grow and thrive over the coming years.

Thank you for everything Shawn. It's been a pleasure not only working with you on the club but getting to know you as well. I hope with everything you have going on between work and family it all turns out well in the end. I look forward to seeing you get a tank back up sooner than you're thinking. I know you really enjoyed it and that you learned a lot to help the next one be better. We all need these things in life. Things that help us learn and grow as people while also giving us a bit of escape from the day to day doldrums.

If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you Shawn for all you have done for the club and I hope you are back sooner than later!

Shawn:
While I am personally and selfishly sad 😢 that you will no longer be our leader and will especially miss your amazing voice and leadership at in person meetings whenever this pandemic 😷 ends, I understand totally 💯 your reasons and only wish you the best. I count you as a friend and know great things are in store for your future. The club will continue and go on as members step in and out of the hobby. It is always sad when beloved members step back, but life is too important and it is totally relatable. Best of luck! Please don’t be a stranger! Thank you for your service and participation over these last several years. Stay safe!

Thank you Shawn! It has been a pleasure working with you. Your energy, vision & leadership will be missed. Best wishes for you in your future endeavors.

Enjoy your life Shawn. The group will be here when you get time and are ready to return.

I’ve been where you are and understand life gets in the way of passions and hobbies at times. Keep in touch old friend. See you when you return! Text if you need anything.

Hey all. Most of you have noticed I've been very inactive for the last few months. A lot of you know the reasons why. While I take my responsibility to the club very seriously, real life events this year have prohibited me from being the president this club deserves. I'm very very fortunate to have been surrounded by a board of directors that has had my back and been there to help lighten the load of leadership, however I'm just not going to be able to be of real service to the club like the club deserves. I've broken down my tanks (as lack of time and energy for reefing has required as much) and have sold a lot of my equipment. I'd like to say I'll be back to reefing, but I can't say that for sure at this point.

I can't say for sure what the board has planned in my absence as I've missed a few board meetings. I wish this wasn't the case, but sadly it is. I do know, however, that they've kept making forward progress from the information that's been relayed to me. I have utmost faith in their abilities to handle whatever needs to be handled, as I've learned quite a bit from the guys on the board. The club will remain in good hands under their leadership.

This all being said, I know they're willing to accept any help offered, so if you've got the time and want to be of service, hit up one of the board members. I'll be returning all club equipment to the board and will have all of my website administrative privileges revoked by the end of this week. Please understand, this is my choice. There's no drama, no issues with the board. I've been proud to work with these guys up to this point. I just have to step away.

I will continue to check in from time to time as I get more equipment ready to sell/give away, and I still want to stay in touch with y'all, but I'll be more inactive as the next few months progress. I wish you all the best in your lives and reefing journeys. With that being said, thank you all of the privilege and honor of being your president, and may the club continue to grow and thrive over the coming years.
Sorry to see you go. I remember the first time I joined and you asked me to be a Mod, as I am a Mod on R2R, and I declined. I understand why you stepped back and respect it, though I do not know why. Hopefully you will be able to find your way back to the Salty side and become an active member again.

Here's to you and the endeavor you are venturing into. I truly hope you find and are able to achieve what you are looking for. May God bless you and what you are venturing into.😇

Shawn, Thank you for your service! Having been around for several administration changes, I can honestly say that your enthusiasm, dedication to the club and your energy have been nothing less that 110% since you joined. You leave big shoes to fill. Life happens. We do our best to deal with it and move on. I have no doubt that you will fare just fine in the future. Nothing but my best wishes for you my friend!

You were the biggest help and inspiration to me in getting my tank up and running. Sincerely, thank you. I'm sad to see you leave under these circumstances. In our talks, your passion for reef keeping was very evident. All the best to you.

Back