MRC Custom Creation for my loft

jef4y

Market
Reaction score
So almost 2 years ago, my wife and I were in Vegas, and at the Michael Godard gallery. We picked up one Gallery Proof which Godard finished himself of "Passed Out". As we were wrapping it up, they mentioned that Godard would be at the gallery that night and he would continue adding to the painting if we wanted. We were thrilled and signed up.

When we got there, we also found out that he would do paint pen drawings on canvas of whatever you wanted, so we couldn't really resist the opportunity for that either. (if you want to see the video of him doing our drawing at 3x speed, it's here: <div class="gc_ifarem_title">YouTube - &#x202a;Michael Godard drawing us a naughty picture&#x202c;&rlm;</div><iframe style="width: 70%; height: 400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/86ZIHwBluAc"></iframe> )

The end result was that we had 2 awesome paintings which we needed framed and hung. The issue though was that we were getting ready to move, and just didn't have time to deal with them. Once we got down to Atlanta and took time to settle in, we decided it was time for frames. Our requirements were that the pictures be encased but the frames be see-through so they were basically "floating".

After trying to find this through framing shops, nobody really "got" our vision. I contacted Raj and spent a month or so drawing it up and going back/forth. It took about another month or so for MRC to make the frames and yet another 2 months for me to FINALLY get everything I needed to hang them. So without further delay...

web.jpg
alt="" />
web.jpg
alt="" />

VERY VERY VERY pleased with the end result on these and truly appreciate Raj and MRC for their ability to work with us on this project.

That is AWESOME do you know how to contact him, I would love to get one drew up by him.

I'm not an art person, but I really like acrylic frames. I have never seen that idea before.

Kudos.

hud3339;647390 wrote: That is AWESOME do you know how to contact him, I would love to get one drew up by him.

Godard? Go to Vegas and hope you can run into him. Or watch his galleries for dates/times when he shows up. Bring a **LOT** of money.

Edit:
Dr. Fish;647637 wrote: I'm not an art person, but I really like acrylic frames. I have never seen that idea before.

Kudos.

Thanks! Yeah, the iphone pics don't do them justice. They are super cool.

The vision completed! They look really good. Now take some better photos! :)

Back