Meeting Minutes 3/23/15

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
BoD Meeting Minutes 3/23/15
Start Time: 6:00pm

Attendees: Richard Nelson(rdnelson99-President), Jason Rader (RedStang-Vice President), Jeffory Morris (porpoiseaquatics- Treasurer), Dave Ball (Dball711-Sevretary), Stacy Neece (stacy22-BoD), Josh Stowe (jdavid-BoD), Holley & Hal Barrett (Raz0945-Membership Coordinators)

Agenda

I. Cub Insurance.
A. Discussion and review of insurance quote by board members.
B. Board agreed unanimously to move forward with the new policy.
C. Policy will provide Certificate of Insurance to be issued to various meeting/club activities as needed.

II. April General Member Meeting
A. Update on Venue, Working With Acrylic – Selected location as Steve Shindell's office complex.
B. We reviewed the meeting plan and verified A/V needs. All is good to go.

III Expo Planning
A. Verify with guest speakers on arrival and departure times. Schedule transportation needs.
B. Payment to GC. Rich to make the payment within the week.
C. Review of PA and AV needs.
1. Meeting room – Use ARC equipment.
2. Expo hall – What do we need to rent, maybe a PA for the event hall.
D. 300 gallons of salt water needed. Possibly work out a trade with a sponsor?
E. Volunteers – what to do to reward the volunteers.
1. Sign in table manning Holley to look for volunteers to help with sign in activities.
2. Assistance for Coral Farmers Market.
3. Assistance with ARC booth set up and manning.
4. Setup and tear down Needs.
5. Door prizes.
a. How many drawings and what prizes.
b. Giveaways to attending members.
6. We will have an ARC booth, needs to be manned, place to store stuff.
7. Sell raffle tickets for some large prizes.
F. Book lodging for speakers.
G. Booth Rental.
1. Only two rented by ARC to date.
2. Eight confirmed from CFM.
3. Still looking for Premiere Sponsors.
H. Promotions – need to promote the expo, Dave to start posting, add to existing thread.
1. We will finish up the flyer for the event.
2. Assign a list of sponsors for BoD’s to visit and ask them to post flyers at their locations to promote the event also soliciting sponsor booth rentals.
3. Reaching out to other clubs to post.
4. Forum and Facebook.

IV. Ideas for meetings following the Expo
*Social event BBQ – Maybe June? Club to provide burgers and dogs, members bring side dishes.
*Frag demo
*Frag Swap
*Photography
*Seachem tour

V. Saltwater U Update
A. Date? Stacy meeting next week to select the location and date. End of September.
B. Location? Back up location lined up in Norcross.
C. Locking in Speaker, lock this up once we hear back form Stacy on date and location.
D. CFM as a co-sponsor?

VI. Forum Administration –
A. Update from Frogtown Media , No update yet, Rich reaching out to Larry for an update.
B. Dual administrators? Member and Outside Vendor.
C. Update site software.
D. exploring the use of a hosting company?
E. Administration rights for Treasurer and Membership Coordinator?

-Board agreed unanimously to move forward with moving control and maintenance with a new vendor. Update the V-bulletin newer version.

I would be willing to help at the expo. Just let me know where it would make sense. I am big, maybe not strong, and can smile and meet & greet with the best of them.

PFCDeitz;1023616 wrote: Did G go off the deep end?

Certainly not! He did several tough jobs for a long time. cant expect one person to do everything he did for us forever

JBDreefs;1023615 wrote: I would be willing to help at the expo. Just let me know where it would make sense. I am big, maybe not strong, and can smile and meet & greet with the best of them.

Good. I'll be organizing volunteers for setting up and breaking down- Holley will be organizing volunteers for the member sign in and front door.

I'll post soon to see who's with me!

JDavid;1023651 wrote: Certainly not! He did several tough jobs for a long time. cant expect one person to do everything he did for us forever

+10000. I still reach out to him now and then and he is always very helpful.

JDavid;1023652 wrote: Good. I'll be organizing volunteers for setting up and breaking down- Holley will be organizing volunteers for the member sign in and front door.

I'll post soon to see who's with me!

im in for both. i've worked sign in and helped set up every at every expo ive been to so why not keep it up right?

Back