Maroon clowns spawning. Anyone want babies?

jamie

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey breeders out there. I have a pair of maroon clownfish that just laid eggs for the first time. Not sure what it takes to catch them when they hatch, but if anyone wants me to scoop them up so they can try to raise them I’m happy to do it. Momma is a lighting maroon and dad is a gold stripe. Somehow momma turned so dark she’s almost black. Stripes are solid. Dad is your normal gold stripe. I’m in Peachtree Corners now, let me know if you want them or if they’re just gonna be coral food.

Attachments

• 78461A5A-7FB7-4D8F-BF0E-301F7EF8C670.jpeg
    78461A5A-7FB7-4D8F-BF0E-301F7EF8C670.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 31
  • 95AEBABE-F407-4E67-AA87-D2C080F10E9F.jpeg
    95AEBABE-F407-4E67-AA87-D2C080F10E9F.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 31
I have a fry trap, but I don't have any rotifers right now to be able to feed them to try to make a go of it.

I have a fry trap, but I don't have any rotifers right now to be able to feed them to try to make a go of it.
Hopefully they will continue to spawn. So if you get set up in the future I’m certainly willing to catch them for you. Or at least try to. Lol.

Did the fry hatch? How many days from when the eggs were laid until they hatched? It should be the same for all future batches for planning purposes.

Did the fry hatch? How many days from when the eggs were laid until they hatched? It should be the same for all future batches for planning purposes.
They have not hatched as of this morning. But we should be getting close. They’ve turned from bright orange to a brown color now. You sure you don’t want me to try and catch them? LOL.

They should be silverish the day they hatch. Maybe next time, I need to travel week after next and the fry have to have a constant supply of food to survive.

They should be silverish the day they hatch. Maybe next time, I need to travel week after next and the fry have to have a constant supply of food to survive.
I did see them turn silver last week. Then the wife and I had to go to the hospital to have our own baby. Lol. Got home a few days later and we have a new clutch of eggs. Looks like this will be an ongoing cycle. Let me know if you decide you want them some time down the road. Should be a pretty cool morph when they come out. If I didn’t have a newborn I’d be trying my hand at raising them myself.

Congrats on the baby! Yes the clowns will continue to lay eggs as long as the conditions remain as they are. Mine sometimes take a couple of weeks off here and there.

Maybe we can try a batch once things have settled into a routine for your new normal.

Congrats on the baby! Yes the clowns will continue to lay eggs as long as the conditions remain as they are. Mine sometimes take a couple of weeks off here and there.

Maybe we can try a batch once things have settled into a routine for your new normal.
Sounds good to me! What part of town are you in? I’d love to see your setup if you allow people in your house.

Back