Liveaquaria 10 pack SPS

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered any SPS packs from liveaquaria?

I am looking to finally add some corals to my tank (65 gal) which has been up for while now and was looking at getting this http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+751+2485&pcatid=2485">http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+751+2485&pcatid=2485</a>

I leaning towards ordering it because of the 30 day guarantee and its about $23 a frag. I am new to SPS. I have kept softies and LPS successfully.

I have not and some people here have. the complaint about the pack is that, according to others, the corals are not named. if you are into names, this is not for you. also, they wouldn't have an idea of what they send if you call them back. on the other note, excellent customer service and guarantee policy.

hzheng33;1098721 wrote: I have not and some people here have. the complaint about the pack is that, according to others, the corals are not named. if you are into names, this is not for you. also, they wouldn't have an idea of what they send if you call them back. on the other note, excellent customer service and guarantee policy.
Names would be nice but not a deal breaker for me. I figure if something dies it will mostly likely will within 30 days. As far as not knowing what I am getting I am ok with it as long as I don't get anything to similar in appearance and color.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My opinion, from experience. I have ordered from LA. I have gotten more for my money with buying from members on here. Post what your looking for, and with this being your first sps, let them know. They will set you up with some hardy sps. You will be very satisfied. I know.:up:

You might want to go to the meeting at Rit's ( Atlanta Aquarium) for the frag expo and see if you would like to buy what you want instead of a package deal or wait until you see what is offered there first and then buy online.:up:

hzheng33;1098734 wrote: Rit has a great store and a lot of selection.

^^^^^^ + 1 on what he stated above. I guarantee that it won't be your only trip to RIT's store. It will be readily busy, busy, busy during this huge event. If you can, visit RIT's place before the huge event; that's if you want some extra, extra time to talk about the different types of corals offered at RIT's place. I have not visited a store with the customer service that RIT offers. Don't forget to ask about the "In-house" sales going on when your visit that day. Some of the deals are; well ...... almost "Priceless?".

Wannabee

I agree that you wont beat Rit's prices for SPS/Encrusting corals. For roughly the same price you could get the same number of frags that are much bigger than 1" (talking 3-5" with multiple branches/encrusted frag plugs)... I know this because I went on Saturday and did the math.

Nemo Aquarium on Indian Trail has the best zoa prices.

I see that you are in Athens, have you checked out Aquarium Outfitters?.... I havn't been there in a few years, but it was always fairly priced and had nice selections.

xilez;1098758 wrote: I agree that you wont beat Rit's prices for SPS/Encrusting corals. For roughly the same price you could get the same number of frags that are much bigger than 1" (talking 3-5" with multiple branches/encrusted frag plugs)... I know this because I went on Saturday and did the math.

Nemo Aquarium on Indian Trail has the best zoa prices.

I see that you are in Athens, have you checked out Aquarium Outfitters?.... I havn't been there in a few years, but it was always fairly priced and had nice selections.

I have checked out Aquarium Outfitters they are my go to when I buy fish.

don't discount buying frags from members. generally speaking they can be had for around $15 a frag and you know what you're getting:)

SnowManSnow;1098929 wrote: don't discount buying frags from members. generally speaking they can be had for around $15 a frag and you know what you're getting:)

I definitely don't. I am just new to SPS and am afraid of killing it. The 30 day guarantee is nice insurance.

Rodasphoto;1099077 wrote: I definitely don't. I am just new to SPS and am afraid of killing it. The 30 day guarantee is nice insurance.

SPS really isnt as hard to keep as most people make it out to be... It's tough to make it THRIVE, but they are pretty hardy.

As long as you have good lightning and maintain stable parameters (consistent routine), you will see results.

xilez;1099079 wrote: SPS really isnt as hard to keep as most people make it out to be... It's tough to make it THRIVE, but they are pretty hardy.

As long as you have good lightning and maintain stable parameters (consistent routine), you will see results.

For what I've read here at ARC, pristine water and lots and lots or water table turnover as well as great lighting which you have mentioned above will help SPS's survival rates.

Wannabee
</em>

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1099109 wrote: For what I've read here at ARC, pristine water and lots and lots or water table turnover as well as great lighting which you have mentioned above will help SPS's survival rates.

Wannabee
</em>

I have 2 gen 3 radion pros, 2 mp40qd, dct12000 return, and simplicity 240 skimmer on my 65 gal. I need to get my cont. Water change back up. I am getting my parameters back to pristine after my feeder dropped too much food recently.

Is there anything that I seem lacking?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back