Detritus clean up crew pack

I went with a snail only CUC cause that way I don't have to worry about them killing snails.

I have Cerith, Vibex, and Netrites. The cerith and vibex stir the sand and come out at night to clean and when food is introduced into the tank. The netrites love diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. I had a rock that had some diatoms on it and they got on it and sat there for 2 days now it is whiteish again.

GaJeep94YJ;1024358 wrote: Bite?
I haven't learned all the lingo yet so differentiating between lingo and typos are still difficult....

Auto correct decide bite was close enough to nuke to call it good. LOL

I got a sea urchin (really the wife got it) and two snails. Can't remember the names of them but I didn't have then already.

I wish I wouldn't have gotten my turbo snail. It was fun to watch for a while because it's always all over the place, but it's huge and clumsy and not really that attractive. Plus, I find that it doesn't eat as much nuisance algae as some say. It's like a little bulldozer that roams around the tank. Kinda wish he'd die, but I'm stuck with him until he does.. My sand-sifting star and hermits are the best cleanup crew investments I've made.. but the two can be a little tough to keep together. I'm reasonably certain that the star has been eating small hermits and small snails.. but that could just be me

Back