it finally happened

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
well i had BTA's pretty much kept on 1 rock on the left side of my tank on an island for 3 years and over the last 2 days 4 of the 10 bubble tip nems have moved to the other sides of the tank 1 very close to my LTA thats as large as a dinner plate had it close to 3 years.

i also i have 2 clownfish in the tank living without issues for the past 2-3 years a 4-5 inch Red Sea clownfish living in the lta and 3-4 inch maroon clownfish living on the other side of the tank on the nem rock and since the nems moved the maroon clown has now moved to the other side of the tank near the other clownfishes LTA so far they havent started having any issues yet hopefully it stays this way lol

Has anything changed with the tank parameters or lighting?
no everything has stayed the same light and parameter wise so im not sure why they are starting to move

come to think of it the vortech on that side i cleaned out maybe its putting out more flow and they didnt like that

Nems have no brain. While I haven't studied them much, I'd think movement would be a reaction to some outside stimulus or lack there of.
I have 8 in a trough and after moving them from one trough to another they all move to some extent one traveled the the tank. Very confusing.

Back