Invert purchase from Saltwater Aquarium

davisg

Market
Reaction score
Not sure where you guys get inverts from but I got suckered into a purchase from a Saltwater aquarium marketing e-mail, LOL! But what a pleasant surprise it was... I was in need of renewing my CUC anyway so I bought a 100 gallon assorted pack from them and added in some more hermits and a cleaner shrimp to the order. The pricing I feel is fair, comes with free overnight shipping when you spent $179 or more, or it’s $40 overnight shipping on orders below $179.

Now the real kicker is, with the exception of the astrea snails, every single invert came in completely clean, healthy and BIG! With previous orders from other suppliers I have spent HOURS cleaning shells getting off algae, cyano, you name it and other hitchhikers off shells before putting them in my tank. Not with saltwater aquarium’s snails and hermits. I shook them off in a container of my tank water to clean off any poo from shipping and into the tank they went. The astrea snails I did have to remove vermetid snails from the majority of the shells but that was easy enough, but the 75 other shells I didn’t need to clean at all. Oh and only 1 hermit crab died during shipping out of 100 hermits/snails. I am in no way affiliated with this company but I want to pass on my impressive experience with this new supplier of inverts to you because this was the best shipment of inverts I have ever received.

Not sure where you guys get inverts from but I got suckered into a purchase from a Saltwater aquarium marketing e-mail, LOL! But what a pleasant surprise it was... I was in need of renewing my CUC anyway so I bought a 100 gallon assorted pack from them and added in some more hermits and a cleaner shrimp to the order. The pricing I feel is fair, comes with free overnight shipping when you spent $179 or more, or it’s $40 overnight shipping on orders below $179.

Now the real kicker is, with the exception of the astrea snails, every single invert came in completely clean, healthy and BIG! With previous orders from other suppliers I have spent HOURS cleaning shells getting off algae, cyano, you name it and other hitchhikers off shells before putting them in my tank. Not with saltwater aquarium’s snails and hermits. I shook them off in a container of my tank water to clean off any poo from shipping and into the tank they went. The astrea snails I did have to remove vermetid snails from the majority of the shells but that was easy enough, but the 75 other shells I didn’t need to clean at all. Oh and only 1 hermit crab died during shipping out of 100 hermits/snails. I am in no way affiliated with this company but I want to pass on my impressive experience with this new supplier of inverts to you because this was the best shipment of inverts I have ever received.
That is the only place I buy inverts from now. Good pricing and I love how they pack stuff. All clearly labeled and they send adult sized stuff not a bunch of tiny snails you can barely see.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve always used reef cleaners and was real unhappy with my last purchase, half the livestock was doa, didn’t pack my hermits and were reluctant to refund.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve always used reef cleaners and was real unhappy with my last purchase, half the livestock was doa, didn’t pack my hermits and were reluctant to refund.
Had the same experience once.

I try to order everything from SA vs BRS. They are quick on orders as well.

I try to order everything from SA vs BRS. They are quick on orders as well.
Me too. I've also been disappointed with ReefCleaners, ordered last cleanup crew very recently from Salty Underground and was very satisfied.
Edit: oops, Salty Bottom Reef Co, in New Port Richey, FL, not Salty Underground

Last edited:
Personally I have pretty much just bought packs. I get the upgraded pack a size or two smaller than my tank.

It really depends what you want. If you find a pack close to your wants/needs, that's the way to go. I did a package with add ons.

Reefcleaners is such a joke. I don’t know how they stay in business. All their snails are .5-.75 cm at best. Yes, centimeter, not inch. Amazingly, I only had a few doa, but several more died within a week. I would not recommend.

I did quick math on a pack vs individual #s of certain inverts and I felt the packs were the better deal and then added more blue leg hermits to get some extra. Here’s a pic of some of the nassaurius snails they sent (all were this size), they are about the size of my thumb. The ones I got from reef cleaners all disappeared and never saw any of them after they went into the tank other than one pinky nail sized one in the overflow.
06501238-7E34-438A-B83B-5E170C7F9135.jpeg

Back