ICP-OES Testing at work

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
So I recently found out about a cool toy at work in the lab next to me. I volunteered for some responsibilities requiring me to get trained on it; this training started today. Within a few months, I’ll have done several thousand samples and should be proficient at ICP-OES testing.

Here’s a few cool photos for those of you who may be interested in what it looks like.

That blue-green glow coming from inside is the plasma torch.
084FB58B-809C-4833-99F1-92B03D7BDC4D.jpegE67C15CB-85C4-4591-8001-555ABEB1D31B.jpeg81E7F3DC-0CA3-47D4-8C47-AA6F4C046F5E.jpeg
4D2181BF-3E78-482C-8E69-CC0DC7A15D6F.jpeg

That is too cool!

Hahaha, right; So cool!

Wow that’s awesome, can I give you a sample to test :)

I will probably be able to use it for personal tests down the road. We’re pretty laid back here. But not quite yet; let me get some work done with it first :p It helps to learn the in’s and out’s so I don’t accidentally break it.

Hahaha, right; So cool!

I will probably be able to use it for personal tests down the road. We’re pretty laid back here. But not quite yet; let me get some work done with it first :p It helps to learn the in’s and out’s so I don’t accidentally break it.
I believe there are a few things with saltwater that need to be taken into consideration. I don't remember where I read it but something to do with the calibration and cleaning.

Back