I did a thing

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
I’m coming out of a reefing slump ha. After about 6 months of doing nothing to my tank (it has been incredibly stable for almost no maintenance haha) I’m going to add some more coral.

So I went and subscribed to the WWC membership thing where they send you 5 corals a month until you cancel. You can select what type of corals you want and such.

Not being from an area where there are reefers. Lose or stores close it makes decent sense for me:)

Anyway… let’s see how THIS goes:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it goes great! My last reefing slump lasted about a year and my tanks did not do great. The odd thing was that a few corals did really well but declined once I started back on a maintenance schedule.

I’m coming out of a reefing slump ha. After about 6 months of doing nothing to my tank (it has been incredibly stable for almost no maintenance haha) I’m going to add some more coral.

So I went and subscribed to the WWC membership thing where they send you 5 corals a month until you cancel. You can select what type of corals you want and such.

Not being from an area where there are reefers. Lose or stores close it makes decent sense for me:)

They gonna send you an ultra blue clove polyp (singular), ultra birdsnest, ultra mega pandora paly , dazzle my pants off zoa (tm by me) and a red plate

They gonna send you an ultra blue clove polyp (singular), ultra birdsnest, ultra mega pandora paly , dazzle my pants off zoa (tm by me) and a red plate

Possibly. But I specified Zoa and lps

Lol

I’m sure they’ll send awesome stuff. I’ve always wanted to stop at their store when we’ve been in Orlando but can’t seem to make it there.

Lol

I’m sure they’ll send awesome stuff. I’ve always wanted to stop at their store when we’ve been in Orlando but can’t seem to make it there.

i haven't been to the new store but i was at the previous store pre-covid. it was clean and had a large selection of livestock/drygood. but at the end of the day, i do feel like i can find most of the items i need locally without paying the "higher-than-normal" price.

With locals, I feel any lfs is higher than normal for most frags

i haven't been to the new store but i was at the previous store pre-covid. it was clean and had a large selection of livestock/drygood. but at the end of the day, i do feel like i can find most of the items i need locally without paying the "higher-than-normal" price.
Yup I totally get it. If you can find local reefers its definitely cheaper. Heck I use to sell BIG sps frags for 12$ a frag here at ARC. The shipment from WWC cost me $133 total for 5 frags. If I drove out to a shop I've got lunch on the road / half tank of gas, and basically the same price per frag. This shipment was 5 polyps Halley Berry, about 5 of the stargazers, 5 Red hornets, a pink flamingo lepto, and a green hydnopora. Everything looks decent although the water temp at arrival was 69degrees.

There's always the debate of what a coral is worth. As I'm trying to build up a few corals in my tank the simplicity of having someone chose for me and ship to my door is also worth something. Bottom line is that a coral is worth whatever someone will pay for it:) Kinda like when I use to trade baseball cards as a kid :)

I was close to doing that subscription when I started up but went with our market instead. Certainly keep us posted on how it goes.

Maintenance wise after the first 6 months or so I checked out. I have no idea where my nutrients are. I don't think I've done anything other than occasionally monitor alkalinity for the last 2 years.

Back