Holy Hackneyed use of Holy Grail, Batman!

For the past 15 years Ive been wishing they would put stupid coral names to bed for good. Just start grading crap like gems. letter grade for color, number grade for intensity and be done with it.

That would certainly be more helpful. No matter how nice the piece is, I know it won't look the same in my tank no matter what. I've picked up some great frags over the years from @dball711 and they start off great! In 3 months they'll be growing well but the colors fade. <--- I was tempted to add "somewhat" behind the last word but who am I kidding. They don't fade "somewhat", they just fade.

I'd hate to spend "Holy Grail" money on a micromussa just to have it turn into a really nice greenish/reddish color in my frag tank.

Naming is great for aesthetic searching. It’s when you price gouge that’s it’s the problem. If you order something like let’s say rasta zoa, you’d know exactly what you’d be getting. Same with dragon soul torch. Any many more. Changing it to grading still wouldn’t change price much, just make it more annoying to look for something specific. It’s a luxury hobby, prices will always be up and down with trend.

Is it me or is it time to put Holy Grail to bed and leave it in 2022?

Leave it with Gaslighting, Risable, Unserious, Quiet quitting, GOAT and all the other word and phrases that have been recently WAY overused!

Quit hanging out with 15yo girls on instagram...that should solve most of your problems.

Sick Burn GIF by MOODMAN

It's alright @york1 I know he'll come back and say because that's where his kids all hang out and I won't be the one that brings them up. In reality, he is just lashing out because he's upset at all the red font on the spreadsheet he keeps, as a constant reminder of why he has so many empty frag plugs where something "Holy" once waved in the current in his tank(s). 🤣

I was reading this thread on R2R yesterday and it makes some good points and of course has your controversial points as well. Personally, I think the vendors that push names IN ALL CAPS and in BOLD for something that could just simply be called "green with pink tips torch" are just trying too hard. But if it sells, it sells. I'm ignorant to coral names so they mean nothing to me. Zoa names are hilarious though, so I support that 🤣.

Here's the thread on R2R: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...s-ultra-rare-super-toxic-holy-garbage.956744/

Back