Going oldschool

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
so ive been unhappy with my lighting situation for a while now i have 3 blackbox leds and i have shadowing from not building the stands high enough and having too few lights i was going to get some noop lights or another sort of light that i could mount to the tank on an arm that wasnt too expensive then i came across a member on the facebook page selling a mh/t5 unit i asked what size it was and another member messaged me saying he had a 72" one for sale 3x 250W MH and 8x 39W T5 current usa i used to use this light like 8 years ago and i loved it so i brought it from him came with the legs to mount over the tank and all i didnt pay much for it so if want to go back to leds again the future i can

Attachments

• IMG_20200521_174313.jpg
    IMG_20200521_174313.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 26
It's a great fixture. The main reason I stopped using MH was heat. I like LED but I've got a MH pendant that I've thought about firing up for my basement frag tank. It doesn't get too warm in the basement and I think I could run it without issue.

I run MH/PC setup and love it way better than the black boxes I was using. I do miss the glow from the blues though.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Ok one of the ballasts blew out! lol was making smoking smell and sparks so i plugged it out quickly glad i was home to see that anyway i need a new ballast does it matter what type will the one below work fine? i can have it by tomorrow i would just need to splice the wires

Ballast

Might be worth a call to 1000bulbs.com. They help me when the capacitor ( no, not the flux capacitor) went out. Mine was a 3 dollar fix, pull some screws unplug some stuff/ plug in the new stuff and was good to go.

it was actually the on/off switch on the ballast somehow shorted out and burned i got a replacement on/off switch from home depot this morning and repaired the ballast also took apart all 3 ballasts and cleaned he fans they were filled with dirt and dog hair lol

Back