Float Switch

This looks like a great find.
The option with the plug is nice too, make sure to include that option.
Look at the dimensions.
1710010008625.png
The 4-1/2" length, is there unobstructed space for that length along with some length of cable to fit in your sump, and swing in a 90 degree arc?
I didn't review the cable/insulation type, but for 120v/industrial it may be 14 gauge. Get your meduim duty extention cord from the garage and figure out that mimum arc, then add that 4-1/2" length, that's the horizontal unobstructed space you'll need. My guess is 6-8 inches minimum. Look at the video, that sump is at least 24 to 30 inches square, without algae or worms, or crabs, or what-ever you have swimming around in your sump latching onto the switch! Also, is your supply/return pipes situated in such a way that you can tie-wrap the cord to the pipe and have that unobstructed space.
Next is the point at which the switch makes and breaks. That is also dependent on that arc. Will the difference in high/low levels for making and breaking the switch connection be okay with the overall depth of your sump? What is the depth of you sump? what is the minimum allowable level for the sump and it's inhibitants (That's the point when the swich is starting to hang in the water and not so much floating; the switch has changed states open/close.)?
If you can answer these questions to your satifaction, then I say go for it.
That's a good price.

Now whatcha going to do with the high water signal once you get it?

Back