Expo Artwork/Decoration Contest - $225 in Prizes, Multiple Winners

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
This contest is completely Free and open to everybody!
Multiple Prizes,
Multiple Submissions
are allowed,
and the possibility to win more than 1 prize per person!

As you may know, the big Atlanta Coral and Aquatics Expo is just around the corner (September 19th, mark your calendars!). And you can help to make some awesome decorations that will be on display at the show!

Big, or Small...
Bright Colors, Neon, or Glow-in-the-Dark...
Posters and Murals, or 3D coral models...
....We need your help to make some amazing decoration!

You may post photos of your submissions here! But the photos are just for everyone's enjoyment. The "Most Awesome" grand prize winners will be chosen after comparing all the art in-person.
Afterwards, we will gather all submitted artwork together at the ARC storage facility, and make the "Most Awesome" selections and post them here!

Deadline for submission: TBD, but we can leave this open so you all have tons of time until the expo

For Shopping Ideas:
I know that the Dollar Store has a lot of bright Neon Posterboard (2 for $1), styrofoam shapes, and art supplies... and I'm sure walmart would have even more!
Whatever you would like to donate to ARC, we will be happy to accept. And if you wish to keep your artwork afterwords, just let us know, that's cool too.

For Inspiration:
Check out Aquashella Reefing Conventions on YouTube. They have some amazing decoration, and we hope to simulate the low-light environment so that Actinic and UV lights will fluoresce a room full of bright corals!

Aquashella Deco 2.JPG Aquashella Deco 1.jpg

Prize Categories:
In addition to having your artwork on display at the Atlanta Expo, we will have 5 Grand Prize Winners!

1) Most Awesome 3D Coral Model - Large ( over 48" in its largest dimension)
$100 Gift Card to an LFS Sponsor of your choice!

2) Most Awesome 3D Coral Model - Medium ( over 24" )
$50 Gift Card to an LFS Sponsor of your choice!

3) Most Awesome Coral Poster or Mural ( over 24")
$25 Gift Card to an LFS Sponsor of your choice!

4) Most Awesome Small Decoration (posters or models, any size)

5) Most Realistic 3D Model (any size)

HAVE FUN! I cant wait to see what yall guys come up with!!!

Last edited:
Is this date confirmed? I just saw on my Facebook feed that there is another similar sounding one, but happening November 7?

Is this date confirmed? I just saw on my Facebook feed that there is another similar sounding one, but happening November 7?
I’m unaware as to anything on Facebook, but will confirm. Regardless, we will be making an official expo post soon with updates.

Will you be extending the deadline for this if the expo is rescheduled? Crossing my fingers that I'll have time to make some things eventually!

Yes, thank you @lizzyann.

This will remain open for people to showcase their artwork! Hopefully, in the spring, we will have plenty of cool art pieces for decoration!

haha, and I’m the same way! You better believe I’m going to make some arts!

Back