Draining my tank

chuck

Supporting
Reaction score
So as ive posted before the best way to catch a fish. Ive had a lightening maroon that was pretty kool until. He staerted hosing my torches different ones. Until he descided to start chopping off the tips So id move torch and guess what hed host another one and do the same. So a couple arc members loaned me their fish traps (thank you ) again. And for 3 weeks caught every fish in tank but him. So ive descided tuesday im draining the tank. A local arc member is gonna come help me. Its the only way i can get this terrorist out of my tank. I still got my military flaslight from doing security people said use a bright light when they are sleeping didnt work. I think i got a clown that has a medical disorder. And a member on her said he would take him when i catch him. But i dont recommend but ok.

Have you tried the red light trick? I was optimistic until I gave it a try and it really seemed like they didn’t notice any light at all.

No never tried that. But everything else failed. At this point what do ya do. Did u use a red light

I had one of those refugium lights and I just turned up all the reds. But yeah give it a try. Not sure what kind of lights your running on display but if it’s controllable wait about 1-2 hrs after lights out so they are asleep then only turn the red settings on.

Figure out where it sleeps. Wake up at 3 am and youll have about 30 seconds to nab it once the lights come on.

I had to drain my tank when I went fallow, because wrasses kept going under the sand. A big ordeal, which I would consider a last resort. Clown fish have a reputation for being voracious and assertive eaters, so it seems odd a baited fish trap would not work.

I had one of those refugium lights and I just turned up all the reds. But yeah give it a try. Not sure what kind of lights your running on display but if it’s controllable wait about 1-2 hrs after lights out so they are asleep then only turn the red settings on.
gen 5. So get a bright red light interesting thnx. Im gonna see how things go today when lights come on

now since i cought fish gotta find a home for them to anyone who wants them for free ......lightening maroon clown and 2 damsels must take all 3

Last edited:
Back