Double RO setup confirmation

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
howdy!
I'm second guessing myself on this rodi setup (sooooo many hoses haha).
I have 2 RO membranes going to the DI
There are 3 connectors on each RO membrane housing
The front one is for the water IN
There are 2 on the back. One is more forward. The forward one is for filtered water. The back for waste. Correct?

So. from my carbon block I run into the FRONT of the first membrane
From the filtered water (the forward one) I run into the FRONT of the second membrane
From the Filtered of the second housing (the back connector) I run into the DI cannister
From the waste water of the second I run to waste water out drain
So... where does the waste water of the FIRST RO go? Does it Y and also go into the in of the second connector?

38a274c1ed23fb72ca9891d346858ecc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you run the waste of the first membrane through the second membrane and then the only waste is out of second membrane. Both filtered waters would then go through your DI and to reservoir. Running it the way you pictured is not doing much because you are rerunning water through another membrane that was just filtered through a membrane.

gee now water is shooting out of the output AND the drain like its pressurized ha. I haven't had this happen before. Its almost like my RO membranes aren't in place at all, but the cap is tight

The waste water is the line with the capillary tube in it.

I never seen this tandem set up. Maybe I’m old school

Splitting flow after the sediment and carbon in to both RO filters then combined into DI filters.
you need full pressure house pressure IN for a RO to work. The waste discharge should be a unrestricted drain.

M

I had it working for a long time, but I organized some tubes and now.. belh haha

I believe you run the waste of the first membrane through the second membrane and then the only waste is out of second membrane. Both filtered waters would then go through your DI and to reservoir. Running it the way you pictured is not doing much because you are rerunning water through another membrane that was just filtered through a membrane.
Agreed. RO #1 waste should be the input for RO #2.

Back