DIY LED retrofit into a ATI Sunpower T5 Fixture

ksicard

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,
I originally purchased a 4 bulb ATI Sunpower fixture to light my frag tank. I thought since the frag is only 14" tall that it would grow SPS no problem but for whatever reason it wasn't enough light for the majority of acros. So I decided to retro fit my Sunpower fixture to add additional PAR for the acros.

There were some challenges with this build since there isn't really a build guide or kit you can just buy that will let you retrofit these fixtures. The main issue was finding a heatsink that would fit inside the T5 fixture. I had to cut the heatsinks I bought in every which way, I had to cut length, width and height wise on the heatsinks to get them the right dimensions to fit. I also had to re wire the T5's to get them to fire up. They are originally wired to work in an alternating bulb pattern, so I had to rewire them so that the 2 outside bulbs would light up instead. Anyway here are some photos of what I've done. The LED's are wired up to a bluefish LED controller so I get full control with all the fancy settings like sunrise/sunset, lighting storms, cloud simulation, and etc.... The bluefish controllers are awesome as it is a breeze to control your lights from your phone. I have a bluefish on both my display tank and frag tank.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

I also have a hybrid over my display tank.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Back