Destin at 90 feet - all images in RAW form

washowi

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-size: 13px;">These are from the the Liberty Ship "Hayward"...It was sunk in 1972.</em></span>

PIC_0011.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0020.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0043.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0049.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0006.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0012.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0017.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0027.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0036.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0041.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0032.jpg
alt="" />

<span style="font-size: 12px;">Great limestone ledge at 85 feet. Great inverts and Fish here.

</em>
PIC_0051.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0057.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0059.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0061.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0062.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0063.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0068.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0084.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0085.jpg
alt="" />

PIC_0117.jpg
alt="" />

</span>

These were great dives....visibility was about 50 feet, water temp was 68 degrees. Life was everywhere, corals were doing great. Diversity of fish was incredible.

I know it was not the Solomon Islands or Fiji, or any other Pacific Island, but its 6 hours away and lots of fun.

Terrific pictures! I did not know that Destin looked that great! What a dive spot! I will have to tell the wife. :)

Hrmm, my tank looks nothing like that... I really hope some day the live rock they sell can look like the life on those live rocks. Ours look so bare in comparison.

washowi;33441 wrote: I know it was not the Solomon Islands or Fiji, or any other Pacific Island, but its 6 hours away and lots of fun.

Hey! Bonaire is less than 6hrs away and still lots to see! :)

Cool pics, nonetheless!

mojo;33571 wrote: Hey! Bonaire is less than 6hrs away and still lots to see! :)

Cool pics, nonetheless!

Yes it is...and its 86 degree water.....But they don't have a lot of cheeseburgers for you to eat..:D

I am telling yinze...there is some great diving here. Time to do the Oriskany..

Nice shots Todd!
I've been living the dive masters blues down here. Big seas and high wind for two months, Drinking to much at Sharkys, when we get board we head south to Woodys to watch the "Shoe Show".....But this weekend is looking good, maybe I can get some work on a boat. When you coming down?

Yeah Chris...Simon Kruger was there last week. Only could do one dive around Largo and was shut out in Key West.

Looks like I picked the right place to dive last week. As soon as the storm went thru on Sunday. Monday was shut out. But Tuesday delivered 50 ft viz and clam seas.

Dive safe.

Take some pictures!

I want to come down so bad! I am diving in Panama City Memorial Day weekend and head to Bonaire in July. Maybe a June run is in order!

washowi;33674 wrote: Yeah Chris...Simon Kruger was there last week. Only could do one dive around Largo and was shut out in Key West.
!

Yea, they dove with my favorite capt. "Capt. Tad" with Ocean Quest.
He called and told me. Did Simon or Tim say weather or not the like diving with Ocean Quest?

Nope, I have not heard from them since they got back....I do know they said they dove on their own. They were taken out, but the seas were rough and everyone was getting seasick. So I take it was Ok but due to the weather, not the best. Maybe Simon will chime now.

Back