Conspicuous Angelfish?

ecoreefguy

Supporting
Reaction score
Some of my favorite fish are angels. I have an opportunity to acquire a pair of conspicuous for a relatively affordable price. Anyone have any personal experience with their care? They will be going into a 40 gallon breeder obsevation/ QT until my tank is ready. Will these be stressed in such a space? I don’t mind them eating sps, but what about clams? Hell, any concerns of their diet ?

How big are they? I have had many in the past, and the word affordable and Conspicuous don't go together lol. 40 is very small and usually they are not importing juveniles (and if they are they are even more expensive $4-5K each) and if you are going to put a pair in a 40, I highly suggest against that. This as my last one. As you can see it’s not small.

I would go with nothing less than a 75g if not a 125 for QT.

IMG_5211.jpeg

Last edited:
My last conspicuous angel loves to flip the clams and ate their feet…

How big are they? I have had many in the past, and the word affordable and Conspicuous don't go together lol. 40 is very small and usually they are not importing juveniles (and if they are they are even more expensive $4-5K each) and if you are going to put a pair in a 40, I highly suggest against that. This as my last one. As you can see it’s not small.

I would go with nothing less than a 75g if not a 125 for QT.

View attachment 82756
It’s going in a 230. My QT set up are 40 gallon breeders. I never medicate anything until I’ve observed that they are needed. No point in poisoning healthy fish with copper. My cost for a pair is around that. I believe they are about 4 inches each.
My last conspicuous angel loves to flip the clams and ate their feet…
damn… lol. So I have to make the decisions on clams or conspic :(

It’s going in a 230. My QT set up are 40 gallon breeders. I never medicate anything until I’ve observed that they are needed. No point in poisoning healthy fish with copper. My cost for a pair is around that. I believe they are about 4 inches each.

damn… lol. So I have to make the decisions on clams or conspic :(
I understand in time they will be in your 230 lol. a pair of 4" in a 40 breeder is not smart, but that is my opinion.

The size of your display, def get a bigger quarantine tank. I'm sure when you are stocking it, you'll be getting larger fish anyways.
I’m currently working with 3 40B for QT. Hopefully I get permission to upgrade to 3 80Gallon frag tanks . The 48x24x16 systems would be perfect. But my wife isn’t going for another budget for it :(

I’m currently working with 3 40B for QT. Hopefully I get permission to upgrade to 3 80Gallon frag tanks . The 48x24x16 systems would be perfect. But my wife isn’t going for another budget for it :(
Just tell her you're the man of the house and you make all the decisions. I'm sure it'll work out just fine. :)

Just tell her you're the man of the house and you make all the decisions. I'm sure it'll work out just fine. :)
and make sure to setup a camera so we can witness the beating you will get hahaha..

I think if you upgrade to the 80g you will do perfectly well and they will be very happy.

and make sure to setup a camera so we can witness the beating you will get hahaha..

I think if you upgrade to the 80g you will do perfectly well and they will be very happy.
It also helps to prepare the couch to let her know if she isn’t happy with your decision, she has a place to sleep. It also helps to tell her to calm down and she’s over reacting.

Use the “I got them for free” card 😂

This post is why I can’t spend too much time with reefers
No Way Pokemon GIF

Back