Can anyone help with a 80/20 stand?

acura_rob

Market
Reaction score
I want to build an 80/20 stand for a water box 5526 penisula tank. Does anyone have experience designing the kit or know a good resource? I got quotes from a few vendors but I feel they are extremely high. Any good direction would help!

You mentioned 80/20, and you may have already done this, but I would also suggest -

There are many vendors for extruded aluminum material. Some are manufacturers, some are only distributors.
Of these, some offer design and/or build services, in addition to selling the material.
Some offer software, or a design site, for you to DIY.
It may pay to look around.

Thanks. I’m waiting on a few more quotes. Alufab and framing tech have already sent quotes with about a $400 difference.

I used to sell a line of extrusion, years ago. Most of the manufacturers are very proud of their product ($$$). Add a design fee on top and the cost gets ridiculous pretty quick.

I think Innovative Marine has done a pretty good job with their APS stands. They still aren’t cheap! I have 2, for my 50 & 25. Have you considered them? (if the size is right?).

Good luck & post your build thread!

I have a quote from them.Do you have any experience with them? Seems like a good company.
No, I have not purchased from them before. I have just seen a handful of people use them since they were mentioned in a Tidal Gardens video, I haven't heard any negative reviews.

Back