BobZ 180 build

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
About three years ago I had to take down my 210.   I temporarily set up a 110 while I decided what I wanted to do to replace the 210.   Well,  a couple of years went by so I guess it wasn't that temporary!    About a year ago we had to replace the flooring in my office so once again,  a temporary move to a new tank, this time a 120.   At least it was only a year this time, before I landed on a new 180.    The tank was delivered two months ago and I was finally able to start the setup this past week.   After about 3 tries to get the tank level,  and filling and emptying the tank, the overflows are both flowing!   Got the plumbing done and started filling the tank with RO today.    It's been a long couple of days but I am happy with the outcome.

I have a new Trigger System sump and decided to try the  AQUAMAXX Magnus 9000  DC pump for the return.    Ran a water test with the new pump, sump and plumbing and very happy with how it works so far.

Hoping to have the tank filled by Sunday.    I'll post a few pics tomorrow.

Bob

My tank build is going pretty well.   I was able to get the new system up and running and let the tank cycle for a few weeks before cutting it in to the existing system.     The 180 was plumbed to the new sump so I cut over the 120 to the new sump and pulled the old sump out.   I left them running together for about two weeks before going ahead and moving the majority of the rock and coral to the 180, along with most of the fish.   I thought I'd be able to trap and catch most of the fish but that plan did not work out, so I ended up having to pretty much pull the 120 apart to get all the fish I wanted moved.    It'd been running for about a month now and everyone looks good.   I started restocking last week and using the 120 as a QT / Isolation tank.   I've always wanted to try keeping butterflyfish, so I have a nice mix of butterflies in the 120 getting acclimated for the next month or so.    So far I have chosen an Yellow Longnose Butterfly,  Copperband Butterfly, two Dot and Dash Butterflies and a Pearlscale Butterfly.   I'm looking to add a small group of  bannerfish as well.    I'm not keeping any SPS, and they have been ignoring any zoas and palys in the tank with them.    I've been feeding two or three times a day with a mixture of frozen foods and so far they are all eating and healthy.   The Pearlscale picks at the rocks more than any of the other species so keeping an eye on it.    I'm hoping they all continue to get along.      I will post some pics when I figure out how!

Bob Z

Bob, Great to see you bringing the 210 back to life. Pics, the thread needs some pics!

Looking forward to seeing some pis and more details on the system.

Pics are pretty easy now, no hosting and/or linking needed anymore. Just click the insert image button then click the search button to the right of the source box. You can search folders on a PC, Mac or portable device then select the pic and the site will resize and store it automatically. Let me know if you have any questions with it.

Adam

zhdipcmub3ah11lyiyw9id9fal92wybm.jpeg
alt="" width="834" height="718" />

Back