Atlanta Reef Club 8th Annual BBQ

brandonmason

Market
Reaction score
Join us for our 8th annual BBQ hosted by Reef Shac Saturday July 14th from 1-3pm.  We will be serving some amazing BBQ Pork, Chicken, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Dessert, Sweet Tea, Water and Soft Drinks.
Reef Shac
2365 Powder Springs Rd S Ste 1119, Marietta, GA 30064 · (404) 474-8615
We will be giving away lots of great raffle prizes.  $600 in Gift Certificates from Reef Shac, (2) BioTek Marine Signature Series Frag Tool Kits, (2) $10 gcs to Premium Aquatics, (2) Blue Spotted Gobies more to be announced soon.  We will be giving away Black ARC T-shirts as well.  More to be announced soon.  Everyone is invited, however you must be a paid member in order to participate in the raffles.  Bring the kids we will have a bounce house setup.
Sponsored by
The Atlanta Reef Club - Reef Shac - Premium Aquatics - Aquarium Speciality - FeedMe Algae

y38uu33cvqufksk8ra9vxtln8lfifpe4.png
alt="IMG_2590" />

ME too! Haven't seen Shac in a while now. I can only imagine that he has gotten bigger and better!

We're still working our budget for the event.  As I'm sure you know its a pretty expensive to feed several hundred people and provide some great raffle prizes. As soon as we determined the menu we will announce it here.  So stay tuned for more information.  :)

In the past we didnt control the menu.  We will have to see if we can get Adam to make his amazing Brisket.

Sorry guys no Brisket. I am toying with the idea of making pulled pork with my sauce.

What do you all think?

What do you mean "no brisket?"  I live for that brisket! :) Oh well, I guess pulled pork is better than nothing with your famous sauce! Yes sir brother! Bring on the pulled pork!

I have never made brisket for the club. It was pulled pork.

Doing good brisket is cost prohibitive for the club. Garbage in garbage out. When I do them it's USDA Choice or better, usually Prime or CAB and if money is no object Wagyu. And this is where I get them. https://pattonsmeatmarket.com

I need 45 days notice to do brisket. I wet age them in the cryoseal for a minimum of 30 days at 37-38 degrees.

For me to do that for a club event would be $16 to $18 per pound for Choice and would go up from there. Figure 30 to 35 pounds for an event where 60 people showed up. Brett is expecting a lot more than that. Butt's on the other hand are about $8.50/lb, we'll need 1/3 lb per person. The most I can do at one time is six 8-10lb butts. Cooking that many is a lot of work outside a restaurant.

I brought two 9 pounders two years ago... it was all gone in less than a half hour.

Sorry my mistake I thought it was Brisket (It was gone before I got any). Lol. pulled Pork sounds great to me especially with Adam's BBQ sauce.

Pulled pork sound wonderful and on my side of town WHOO HOO!

Shac, (whoever is organizing) I’ve got tables & table clothes if needed.

Hey guys. I'm am really slammed at work this week being short handed a salesman an me taking on his load. I'm not going to have time to prep and smoke 6 butts, let alone make a couple gallons of sauce.

ah too bad! That sauce is amazing adam!! looking forward to seeing everybody next weekend.

looking forward to seeing you there Matt.  We will not be doing hamburgers and hotdogs this year.  Even though Im sure its not as good as Adams we will have some really good bbq food.  We should have our menu finalized tomorrow and will announce our raffle prizes at the same time.  :)

Back