Apex salinity probe

Im running two right now, both of mine bounce around(lines arnt as smooth as yours) but one stays consistent. The other likes to jump 4 points just like yours every single day at the same time the it goes back to normal.

KQjybHk.jpg

I have no clue whats going on here and have not had time to dig into it yet but its annoying me.

check out my review if you get a chance. mine was bouncing around until i got the kit and now it's stable

You know I actually printed one of those out and forgot about it. Ill add that to the list.

check out my review if you get a chance. mine was bouncing around until i got the kit and now it's stable

When I've seen that large, but consistent, fluctuation, it was the ballasts on my T5's I used to have. The probe is very sensitive to interference and my guess is the halide or other ballasts. If you route the wire from the probe away from all other power cables it usually goes away.

When I've seen that large, but consistent, fluctuation, it was the ballasts on my T5's I used to have. The probe is very sensitive to interference and my guess is the halide or other ballasts. If you route the wire from the probe away from all other power cables it usually goes away.
in my case, it was the bubbles inside the probe since it happens most frequently during water change or when there's a large change in the water where my probes/return pump are. the kit basically forced the bubbles out by gushing water through the probe.

i had wild swings in salinity from 0ppt to 45ppt before i used the kit.

I purchased and installed the kit, it’s better but not great, look at this spike from this morning.

Attachments

• 34338795-A4CA-484D-9F54-D536182C4FFD.jpeg
    34338795-A4CA-484D-9F54-D536182C4FFD.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 5
in my case, it was the bubbles inside the probe since it happens most frequently during water change or when there's a large change in the water where my probes/return pump are. the kit basically forced the bubbles out by gushing water through the probe.

i had wild swings in salinity from 0ppt to 45ppt before i used the kit.
I had that happen as well. I put all of the probes in the bubble trap where there is a constant upflow of water. Now it's crap buildup or organic growth that throws them off.
Screenshot_20230404_133313_APEXFusion.jpg

FYI I found the issue with my massive swings.

PpkFLDS.jpg

Turns out I ran the UV bulb wire right next to the PM2. So I guess watch out for interference. Now I have to rearrange stuff and calibrate the probe again. AND add that little vivid thingy.

Back