Apex power outage settings

saltwaterwannabe

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for how to add programming to my Apex for power outages?

In preparation for potential power outages Monday/Tuesday, I have a UPS hooked to my Apex, with only the controlled equipment attached to it to reduce the loading.  I am thinking that a profile or program to run certain equipment such as the skimmer and return pump at low power  10 to 20 minutes every few hours coupled with reducing the pump heads to minimal use such as 10 seconds every few minutes can stretch the available battery time to at least half a day while providing some benefit to my coral and fish.  I could recharge the UPS elsewhere if necessary for a long outage if the hurricane gets too crazy.  I also have one D cell battery powered air bubbler I can use, but I may put the bubbler on one of my 3 cichlid tanks.

There are no generators to be found now, or I would pick one up (if not a ridiculous markup) for my main tank.   I will likely pickup two small backups for my 3 cichlid tanks to run bubblers anyway, so swapping will hopefully be an option if there are backups left to be found in the morning.

I also plan to pick up a breakout box and figure out a way to detect a power outage for my main tank.  I hope this is all overkill and not necessary, but any help in layout, program, etc. here would be great too!

A little research quickly shows I should pickup another energy bar for this purpose instead of the breakout box.  Still looking for suggestions

And a little more reading shows I never added the power monitor wire to my Apex. Hooked it up, added a virtual outlet, and voila - power detector works.  I love my Apex!

Back