Anyone Running NiCrew Led Reef Lights

reefkeeper

Supporting
Reaction score
Started an IM Lagoon 25 reef tank for my Grandson. Well after holding off on buying some AI HD16's for the tank, I decided to go ahead and purchase a NiCrew 150W Reef Dimmable Full Spectrum Led Light fixture. After doing some par testing I am pleasantly surprised on the testing results I gathered from the light.

The tank is currently cycling and before I start adding any LPS and SPS in the tank, I was hoping to see if anyone in the club has had good results with this fixture and if so what power settings there running successfully. The fixture is fairly reasonable and way less than the high-end lights that are out there on the market. I can see a potential of smoking some corals with this fixture and any club member information on this fixture would surely be appreciated.

Here are some Par Readings with the noted power settings for the Whites and Blues.

PAR 40% White 70% Blue.jpgPAR 50% White 85% Blue.jpg

I don't own one but I see plenty of people do, discussed in other forums. Nothing wrong with them, they are just a value brand LED without all bells and whistles that the more premium brands have. I am sure they will grow corals just fine, just like the good old ebay black boxes back in the days. Longevity would be the only issue I would assume with a lot of these off brand lights, also lack of support if something were to go wrong.

Good thing you checked your PAR, those #'s are intense!

I don't own one but I see plenty of people do, discussed in other forums. Nothing wrong with them, they are just a value brand LED without all bells and whistles that the more premium brands have. I am sure they will grow corals just fine, just like the good old ebay black boxes back in the days. Longevity would be the only issue I would assume with a lot of these off brand lights, also lack of support if something were to go wrong.

Good thing you checked your PAR, those #'s are intense!

I would agree with you and that’s the question. How long will they last. And the power is intense. The spectrum specs are pretty right on and will have to just gradually adjust the light settings carefully. Well will see what happens

If they don’t work out I have no issues in purchasing Kessils or AI ‘s. This will be an experiment and I love experiments.

I’m an old school MH’s reefer. The evolution of LEDs is awesome and it’s wonderful to see all the reefers growing g SPS successfully with LEDS.t

Last edited:
I would agree with you and that’s the question. How long will they last. And the power is intense. The spectrum specs are pretty right on and will have to just gradually adjust the light settings carefully. Well will see what happens

If they don’t work out I have no issues in purchasing Kessils or AI ‘s. This will be an experiment and I love experiments.

I’m an old school MH’s reefer. The evolution of LEDs is awesome and it’s wonderful to see all the reefers growing g SPS successfully with LEDS.t
Following along...I have 3 on my 250. Haven't had chance to get a PAR meter..right now I'm set at 70% blues and 30% whites

Attachments

• inbound5731083122340454492.jpg
    inbound5731083122340454492.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 13
Back