29G Biocube Build

FishRfriends

Supporting
Reaction score
Haven't posted my setups yet so I thought I would post the empty one first. I'm still not sure in what direction I want to go however. FOWL or a nice reef setup with minimum fish. So far I'm running stock metal halide and pump no mods. Water has been cycled for about 2 months now and placed corals a couple days ago. I am having trouble with the light fixture though, so the fan blew and now I'm running a USB fan temporarily. I would prefer to find a replacement for the fixture and install. Does anyone know if the fan is used to keep the light from getting too hot for fish or is it used to keep the halide from exploding? However take a look and let me know what you think. I also have a smaller nano reef tank I'll be posting later today. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated Reefers!!!! This community is amazing!
4a65b28b5b6ed235c69102a2911bb03f.jpg
58558fead6f978354430534f2ba1f099.jpg
f3f530f035ea90ac3884608e61d541d9.jpg
5bfa8924d764faab54e6f8637a0a45d8.jpg
2d4dbd75cd9daeddb0938463caa98349.jpg
d9ef08020ef367bdb5859e0147f17f8d.jpg
e8a13a71d7945ba2fad4ab2e1e4b835f.jpg
f0c855ae7875ab3cf8a8b5d9ec516c58.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ok it's actually a coralife aqua light metal halide 150w HQI. This will be my first time ever using one so I'll keep ya posted 🙂

Ok it's actually a coralife aqua light metal halide 150w HQI. This will be my first time ever using one so I'll keep ya posted
It might not be a Viper. But that was a very common one back in the day. As we're Coralife halide. It's kind of unfortunate that not a lot of people use halide anymore. Because they really make some beautiful tanks

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

It might not be a Viper. But that was a very common one back in the day. As we're Coralife halide. It's kind of unfortunate that not a lot of people use halide anymore. Because they really make some beautiful tanks

I agree. Definitely compliments a different type of color spectrum vs LEDs. I have the hardest time taking pics when I use blue lights on my other tank but this light definitely gives a perfect blue to white ratio IMO.

Yeah the only thing you have to play with is K rating on the bulbs. Not all these different percentages of Reds and blues and greens and reds and purples and oranges and lions tigers and bears. People over complicate this stuff

Yeah the only thing you have to play with is K rating on the bulbs. Not all these different percentages of Reds and blues and greens and reds and purples and oranges and lions tigers and bears. People over complicate this stuff

You said it not me 😂
Couldn't agree more lol

I just upgraded my Biocube 32 with the Steve's LED lighting with the Hurricane X controller. It includes a built in turbo fan wich is a bit loud but does a great job of keeping the lights cool. The lights themselves are awesome. My corals responded in a few days and only running about 40% now. Its my first reef tank its just over 2 yrs old. Ive had FO tanks for over 25 yrs. This is definitely a challenge. Heres a picture of my tank. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 16
I just upgraded my Biocube 32 with the Steve's LED lighting with the Hurricane X controller. It includes a built in turbo fan wich is a bit loud but does a great job of keeping the lights cool. The lights themselves are awesome. My corals responded in a few days and only running about 40% now. Its my first reef tank its just over 2 yrs old. Ive had FO tanks for over 25 yrs. This is definitely a challenge. Heres a picture of my tank. What do you think?
Wow nice tank man! How long have the corals been growing in there?

Thanks...Most of these corals are 1 to 2 yrs. Ive lost some as Ive learned a lot in 2 yrs about what works and doesnt. Hopefully with the new lights ill have better growth. Just getting a bit of green algae on the sand since upgraded. Any suggestions

Thanks...Most of these corals are 1 to 2 yrs. Ive lost some as Ive learned a lot in 2 yrs about what works and doesnt. Hopefully with the new lights ill have better growth. Just getting a bit of green algae on the sand since upgraded. Any suggestions
How long are you running lights for? I'd try some cleaners or a sandsifting Gobi. I like the lawnmowers. Great cleaners. What kind of LEDs you running?

Sunrise to sunset 8am to 8pm incl 2 hr ramp time on each end so whites are on 8 hr. I may try to cut the whites down 2 hrs. Ive read a lot about LPS needing more blue than white. Still learning. I had a Watchmen but he moved way to much sand and was relocated. I recently upgraded to the Steves LED.

Back