what a blast!

ricksconnected

Market
Reaction score
All I can say is wow.
I emailed mojo about something he has for sale, and during our emails I had the opportunity to show how new I am to this hobby.
I mentioned that I would like to come by and see the product for myself, as I exercised my newness with the questions.
He said he was home, and I could come by this evening, so I jumped at the opportunity.

My g.friend and I arrived, and while walking up to the door, I saw something amazing. The window was slightly open, and I saw reef.
Kirsten said "oh my lord" lol. Chris (mojo) greeted us with a smile, and welcomed us in where we got to meet mrs mojo. There it was, the holy grail, ok my holy grail. I don't know if mojo could tell, but I was speachless. Ok, inside i was. The colors are amazing. Everything laid out like that's where it was meant to be. Mojo took time to tell me what all the corals were, and how they related to the spot they are in, and to each other. Many questions were answered and explained. (remember, I'm new to this.) Mojo's tank has a lot going on when you take a moment to just gaze. A very relaxing feel and always something different to look at no matter where your looking. Being new, my mind was saying, "boy i could sure screw that tank up" lol. Through our conversation, mrs mojo was telling us about her tank, so we all ventured off to see the other tank. Here's my tank! There's a good blend in this one.I could relate to her, as her tank is a good mix and not a whole lot of any one thing. You could easily tell mojo's passion is the corals, while mrs mojos aquarium is simple and easy, my way of doing things for sure.There's a little of this and a little of that, a very nice and simple display. I'm one of those types that can take something simple and try and make it over complex. mrs mojos works for me. Next, I got to see the inner workings of two fantastic aquariums.

Forward to the plumbing room. Being new, one tends to look at the bigger aquariums and the plumbing, just wondering how it all works. Well I met the man to explain it to me, mojo. Man there's plumbing everywhere. Everything is wired to everywhere. My mind almost exploded as mojo started at one end and we worked our way to the very end. There's a lot to these bigger setups indeed. With a trip over to visit the mojo's, I have a much better understanding of how things work, finally. I'm one of those people that can read about it all day long, but until I get to see it, I dont fully grasp the idea.

Kirsten and I feel very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to see a setup like this one, and blessed to have gotten to meet 2 very cool people as well. Not only all this, but Kirsten got a present to boot. A nice piece of frog spawn. My favorite reality show is on, and I can even watch it.The whole experience has got my mind in overdrive. The good thing is mr&mrs mojo didn't mind answering our questions no matter how simple the questions were. I think they enjoyed showing us their hard work and passion, as much as we enjoyed seeing it. It's hard to find a place a newbie can get to go one on one with somebody who has the passion, the know how, and the patience this hobby requires to be successful to this degree. mojo, mrs mojo, thank you so much for the invite this evening. Kirsten and i had a great time. We are still talking about it.

Glad to have you over! You'll be right there with the rest of us crazies in no time! :crazy:

Seriously- I'm glad I was able to help you guys out and spread the passion. If you have any questions, please post away. Between myself and the other 600 reefers here, we've got you covered. That's what the club is here for - to help each other out.

thank you chris. i'll be seeing you this weekend. PM me with what $$ i need to have ok. yes we had a great time. for a long time plumbing has confused me. i think its all clear now. i learned more tonight than i ever would have from any book.
oh, guess who went back down stairs and for what?
shes tickled to death chris. again thank you.

I always try to encourage newcomers to view others' systems - it really helps when trying to get your head around everything.

If another Tour of Tanks gets started, I highly recommend going on one - you'll get all kinds of ideas you didn't even know you needed... :)

wow that sounds like fun. should you see one that i miss on here keep us posted. we would like the oppertunity. i see your into scuba. man theres a whole other topic right there. havent been in yrs. trying to get kirsten on board with it. i think she might be a little nervous about it.

Back