Tropic Marin High Precision Hydrometer

Adam M

Supporting
Reaction score
I highly recommend this hydrometer. It pretty much saved my tank. I bought some calibration solution for my refractometer from Amazon and something seemed off with the values I was getting. I bought this to double check the solution and come to find out the solution was way off. If I trusted the brand new calibration solution I bought from Amazon I would have shifted my salinity way out of range.
Screenshot_20230810-160249~2.png

Awesome and thanks! I love seeing reviews and I really do appreciate you taking the time to post it. One question - do you drop in in tank for the measurement or float it in a giant test tube thingee (that's the scientific term)?

Awesome and thanks! I love seeing reviews and I really do appreciate you taking the time to post it. One question - do you drop in in tank for the measurement or float it in a giant test tube thingee (that's the scientific term)?
No problem! I actually just drop it in my saltwater mixing vessel, which is a brute trash can. I believe you can get test tubes to use these in but you have to buy it aftermarket. I may do this at some point. I still mostly use my refractometer for convenience but I always double check it against this hydrometer.

Very great review and also good warning to the group about calibration solution. I’ve had the same problem with bottled cal solution and for that reason I use 3 different devices to include the Tropic Marin Hydrometer to check my salinity. This hydrometer is definitely top notch.

Back