October 2019 ARC Meeting - Reef Tank Ghouls and Creepers

October 2019 ARC Meeting - Reef Tank Ghouls and Creepers
Posted by FutureInterest
1605 Pleasant Hill Road Duluth, Ga 30096
Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 01:00 PM
Until: Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 03:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ARC_Admin

Reaction score
Hi, my apologies on the delay. I was out of town for Gwinnett County's fall break and have been under water since I've gotten back. Coming up for air now. :) For our October meeting, since its near Halloween, we will just do an informational meeting for anyone that is interested on various ghouls that can haunt our tanks.

We will be covering all manner of pests that can invade our tanks and the various methods to both mitigate their introduction and methods of removal.

In the spirit of the holiday, since we typically give out gift cards, the first few members that appear in costume will receive a gift card. Most impressive costume gets a bonus. If no one shows up in costumes cause we’re grown adults that don’t care for it then we’ll hand out some gift cards in the normal manner.

The location is at Fung Mei – which is a well-known Chinese restaurant that is located in Duluth near Atlanta Aquarium. They were the pioneers in the Atlanta area in offering traditional Korean Style Chinese dishes and they are simply amazing. They also have some very cool salt water tanks with a reef tank and a shark tank amongst other fresh water tanks. There will be some gift cards for Fung Mei given out as well which they are donating for the club. The meeting will take place in a private event room.

If you want to setup a frag tank please contact me in advance. I'll be setting up a small tank with mostly freebies.

Address: 1605 Pleasant Hill Road Duluth, Ga 30096

Date: 10/27/19

Time: 1-3 pm

Hope to see you there!

Both are great dishes. The boneless gampunggi is hella good there as well. :)

Sadly, I cannot go to the meeting. And I really need club advice on UV sterilizers for pest prevention. System volume 300-330 gallons. Limited mounting space And service space for unit and want to mount vertically. Looking at Emperor/pentair, lifegard, and others. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Very good meeting, nice to see so many very familiar reefing faces, and thanks Jin for a great presentation. Also for introducing me to Fung Mei, which I hadn't been to before despite the fact that it is a stones throw from my house. Great place, and great meeting and talking with Henry the owner, and I love his tanks. I'm sure I will be a regular now, I must watch the progress on his reef tank.

Back