My 125g planted tank

Looks great! I just added a fresh water tank recently myself. Is yours a high tech or low tech planted?
Thank you! It is a high-tech planted. I am running a 10 lb CO2 tank with two electronic regulators (one going to another tank), temperature, regulators, and Fluval plant lights, but will likely upgrade to AI at some point.
Two canister filters (Fluval FX6 and aqueon quiet flow 400).

Weekly water changes. I do about a 30% water change, and I use a python to suck up all the detritus. Light colored substrate is a pain but totally worth it.
I have so much dense plant coverage and decayed plant matter that it seems impossible. There has to be some chemical that I can add to get rid of that.

I have so much dense plant coverage and decayed plant matter that it seems impossible. There has to be some chemical that I can add to get rid of
I think there’s a product called the gravel cleaner by natural rapport. I have never tried it and I’m not familiar with the ingredients it might be worthwhile investigating.
In all honesty, your best option is probably to get a siphon operated gravel cleaner with a thinner intake for suction to get it into the tight spaces (I retrofitted my python with the thinner intake from a $10 siphon pump from Petsmart). If you want, use a water clarifier by Seachem or API afterwards.

Back