I just saw this on YouTube

I saw this on Reef2Reef maybe a month ago? It’s a beautiful tank but I’m really wondering what lens filters they used to get the colors to pop like that. I’d love to have something that gorgeous. I don’t see evidence of coral warfare, does anyone else?

It’s a nice collection but it’s just too organized for me. Everything grouped together like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree. I like it, but it’s too much in this case.

I saw this on Reef2Reef maybe a month ago? It’s a beautiful tank but I’m really wondering what lens filters they used to get the colors to pop like that. I’d love to have something that gorgeous. I don’t see evidence of coral warfare, does anyone else?
I also wonder about the lens filters. That said, I see many true colors in many scenes, but in others, they seem oversaturated.

I am a little suspicious of coral warfare. I see 1 species of lobo that I know never agrees with others in there. In my experience, this one would start a war at nighttime, but not during the day. So I suspect there was a little re-arrangement before they shot the video.

Last edited:
Seems staged and not sustainable. It's gone around the internet pretty quickly but seems to me to be just an attention grab.

Advertising a 317 gallon tank as the world's most expensive personal aquarium leads me to believe it was put out there to get the attention of people who don't really know aquariums.

It's impressive in its own right, I just don't think it's what it's being portrayed to be.

There are some REALLY pretty corals BUT. ... those corals haven't been in THAT tank for 5 years. I only saw one or two sps that were spreading onto the rock work. Most of them appear to be a frags with only a few months incrusting the top of the plug. Also, no water changes and tap water? I mean, maybe its possible, but its darn well not probable.

There are some REALLY pretty corals BUT. ... those corals haven't been in THAT tank for 5 years. I only saw one or two sps that were spreading onto the rock work. Most of them appear to be a frags with only a few months incrusting the top of the plug. Also, no water changes and tap water? I mean, maybe its possible, but its darn well not probable.
Well I mean RODI starts as tap water, right? Lol

I also really doubt that thing has been legitimately built up for 5 years. Click bait title and a friend with a high end store/distributure calling in a weekend favor.

The biggest problem I see in this tank is that it don't have one zoanthid in it, I mean hell we cant even be friends at this point. Im trying to figure out why they even made the video now. No zoas how dare you, hahahaha lmao

It’s a nice collection but it’s just too organized for me. Everything grouped together like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I saw this elsewhere and people were a little turned off by the same thing. A little too much hype without enough organic/natural. Haters gonna hate

Back