Dive trip to Loch Low Minn 7/23

whitmanb

Supporting
Reaction score
I plan on going to Loch Low Minn on 7/23 with a few others I work with at the GA Aquarium. I'm extending this offer out to ARC club since I also love diving with you guys! If anyone is interested in going, please PM me by 7/17 so we can make arrangements to meet or even carpool together.

Brian

I can recommend 2 dive shops but there are probably plenty more in the ATL that others can recommend. I live on the West side of ATL and can recommend Dive Shop I and Divers Supply. Someone may need to help me out on recommendations on the East side. To give you an idea of pricing I paid around the following to get certified.

Snorkeling gear - 220 (You can get cheaper!)
Padi E-learning Open Water - 125
Diver Supply Pool portion of Open Water - 125
Diver Supply Open Water -(Pelham AL) - 299.

I had great instructors and learned alot while getting certified and other Dive Shops in FL mentioned that they could see this as well! It came down for me to finding good instructors and good pricing for that instruction. I did all the above within about 3 weeks, but it could take longer depending on the schedule.

no matter how you go about it your looking at a total price of between $850 - $1000 with fins, boots, mask and snorkel. As for the cheaper when it comes to your equipment (snorkel gear) I will tell you the same I always tell any student I have taught "get the best you can afford", if you go too cheap you will be tossing it and paying that much more again in just a month or two.
Diver Supply is good when it comes to cost of gear but unless they have clamped down on their instructors you can find better education else where.

Back