Anyone know this one?

kevinathom

Market
Reaction score
I have this coral in my tank but don't know the name nor the best way to divide it. I am thinking of using a dremmel down the middle (I need the real estate) but don't know if i can do it with this coral.

Attachments

• 20210821_115929.jpg
    20210821_115929.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210821_115953.jpg
    20210821_115953.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 26
Chalice coral :) I’d recommend looking up tips for fragging them, as I personally don’t have experience with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used bonecutters for my chalice - just make sure you keep a few eyes on each piece. Once you pick it up you'll see the growth structure - I just cut along the lines and kind of snap off the pieces

To my knowledge, chalices aren’t as “labeled” as zoas or acros- they’re just typically “exotic” or “rainbow” chalice, unless a signature colony by a distributor (I might be completely wrong though)

To my knowledge, chalices aren’t as “labeled” as zoas or acros- they’re just typically “exotic” or “rainbow” chalice, unless a signature colony by a distributor (I might be completely wrong though)

They tend have names. But they morph and have variants - so often its difficult to tell.

It looks like a mummy eye or bubble gum monster chalice. Most mummy eyes are bright green. I have a Tyree Bubble Gum monster that’s been growing for years and it get different shades of green depending on its location in the tank.

Back