Welcome to AtlantaReefClub.org! We hope you become an active, enthusiastic participant, and that you make every effort to keep these forums an enjoyable environment for others. We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.
Violation of the rules will result in a warning and possibly a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings will be issued by PM or by the warning system. Permanent bans are at the discretion of the management.
EACH FORUM MAY HAVE ITS OWN SET OF RULES. PLEASE READ ALL STICKIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE INDIVIDUAL FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.
Here are the general forum rules:
The moderators reserve the right to make judgment calls. We can't write a rule for everything. If we see nonsense on the forum we will take care of it and let you know why. This is the "no nonsense" rule. If any post violates the letter or spirit of any item described in these guidelines or in any announcement posted by a board directors or moderator, it may be edited or deleted.
Rules subject to change without notice.
- No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, objectionable, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars. This could result in the loss of your membership without reimbursement.
- Please keep your posts in good taste, and watch your language! AtlantaReefClub.org. is a Family site - and members of all ages are present. Please use some common sense about how you post, as people get offended by different things. If you're not sure if something will be taken as offensive - err on the side of caution, and DON'T post it. If you really think that it needs to be stated - please forward a PM to the site Moderators with the text/image/etc. that you plan to post - and WAIT for their input on if it would be acceptable.
- Discussions related to/including views on religion or politics are NOT permitted.
- If you are going to post to any of the forums within the ARC community - please make sure that you understand that bashing or slanderous posts will NOT be tolerated. Should you have an issue with a Member - initiate contact via PM first. If you still cannot get the issue(s) resolved - please contact an Admin or Moderator of the site.
- Sponsors are our guests here, and their stores should be treated as such. Infactual posts, libelous remarks, and even exaggerations of negative truths will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with a sponsor, the proper way to handle it is to talk to the sponsor / manager in person, then try via PM or email, then contact anyone in the sponsor store, and finally, if nothing can be done, the factual account may be presented on the forums.
- Violating a person’s privacy by publishing information that is private and personal without their permission is not allowed or acceptable.
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
- You may not make any commercial posts or communications, and may not spam/abuse any other member via e-mail or Private Messages. If you are a sponsor, you may post in any forum, but only within your own forum if the post is of a commercial nature. Posts promoting a specific retailer not in the appropriate forum are not allowed and will be moved or deleted.
- You may not make posts supporting any illegal activities, including buying or selling prescription drugs such as Interceptor from non-qualified members. Discussion of firearms and weapons is allowed, but their sale is not.
- Please create threads in the proper forum. Before posting any thread, visit the AtlantaReefClub.com homepage and find the most appropriate forum to post your thread. Also, before posting in the forum, click to enter the forum and look for a sticky thread with more forum-specific rules.
- Please only post one thread per topic, and update that thread as needed. For example, if you post a tank build progress thread, please post all subsequent pictures into that same thread you perhaps started a few weeks ago. You can easily locate your threads - in your user control panel, there's a list of your subscribed threads.
- Refrain from "bumping" threads more than once per week, and no more than three weeks total. Bumping refers to replying to the thread purely to raise the thread to the top of the list of active threads.
- Do not post or send spam via Private Message (PM) or email.
- You may only list items for sale in the designated For Sale forums. You are expected to place a FIRM asking price in your thread. Threads without a listed price, auctions, "first to PayPal" and "best-offer" threads are not allowed and will be removed on a daily basis.
- Please, no comments in sales! - Only questions pertaining to the sale at hand.
- Only ARC MEMBERS are allowed to post items for sale in the forums.
- Promoting other aquarium or coral related forums (or any forum that resembles the structure and/or content of AtlantaReefClub.org) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. An occasional link to a related thread thats on topic of a current discussion is allowed.
- The moderators and administrators are people, too, and everyone makes mistakes; if you have an issue with the decisions or actions of a moderator, please contact the Vice President, who oversees the moderators. The decision may be overturned, but disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums- it’s just not polite.
- Any abuse towards our moderators, administrators, or Board of Directors may result in immediate suspension of your account.
- You may not have more than one account.
- The only instance where an account may be shared is by members in the same household, for example, a husband and wife may share the same account; however, we do encourage users to have their own accounts if they're both moderately active on the forums. Accounts may not be sold or transferred.
- Reporting posts. The proper way to report a post that you feel is in breach of these rules and/or the specific forum's rules is to click this image that corresponds with the post: . Your report is confidential and is only seen by the moderation and administration team. This process is designed to ensure your privacy. The member who you report will not know of your report nor the identity of the person(s) who reported it. Reporting a post creates a special thread in a special area of the forum only seen by the moderators and admins, and also sends out a notice. We're a community and if you catch something before a moderator does, please help the community by placing a report, it only takes a moment to click the image. Thanks for your help!
Please enjoy the discussions and do your best to lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. This is your playing field, there's a lot of learning and fun to be had here, so make the most of it!
By posting or attaching material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received express permission to post or attach the material to the ARC forums from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ARC and users of this forum the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. All messages become the property of ARC, and users should not expect any messages posted in the forums to be private.
By posting to or reading this discussion board, you agree to be bound by these rules.