Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Reef Discussion
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 03-21-2012, 7:11 AM   #21

City: Lithia Springs
State: GA
For some odd reason it did not post all of what I said. I went under the house to add another floor joist between the pillars and found the ground overly wet. I had a small water leak and I really donít know when it started but it had to be about a month ago because thatís when I added the 2nd membrane to reduce my water usage. So I spent about 2hrs fixin that.

I had decided to use one of the omitted holes for a return and put some 90ís on it and went to bed but in the morning I had thought about it and decided to turn the tees so I had to cut that out and block one of my freshly drilled holesÖurgh. Good thing is I will have some fitting and some valves left over that I will sell or return.

I was really at a point to where I just wanted to ask myself why,Ö just why. I hope this time next week it will all be worth it. I still have to finish the drain and do the return. I need to leak test and run the system to rinse out everything. I need to remove the tank and put some laminate down on the plywood. And this needs to happen today so I can start moving everything from the stock tank. As I have a delivery thatís coming in on Friday. I will use the canopy from the 75g for the moment but I will be hopefully start building a canopy this weekend. I decided to try out LEDís so we will see.

Edit:
For some odd reason it did not post all of what I said. I went under the house to add another floor joist between the pillars and found the ground overly wet. I had a small water leak and I really donít know when it started but it had to be about a month ago because thatís when I added the 2nd membrane to reduce my water usage. So I spent about 2hrs fixin that.

I had decided to use one of the omitted holes for a return and put some 90ís on it and went to bed but in the morning I had thought about it and decided to turn the tees so I had to cut that out and block one of my freshly drilled holesÖurgh. Good thing is I will have some fitting and some valves left over that I will sell or return.

I was really at a point to where I just wanted to ask myself why,Ö just why. I hope this time next week it will all be worth it. I still have to finish the drain and do the return. I need to leak test and run the system to rinse out everything. I need to remove the tank and put some laminate down on the plywood. And this needs to happen today so I can start moving everything from the stock tank. As I have a delivery thatís coming in on Friday. I will use the canopy from the 75g for the moment but I will be hopefully start building a canopy this weekend. I decided to try out LEDís so we will see.

Old 03-22-2012, 6:30 AM   #22

I think Iím done with the plumbing for the most part.

Still have the WC drain to run. I have the ATO float and wires to run to the mixing and top off tank thatís in the pantry. I did get the mixed SW pipe ran. And I still have to trim the laminate down. I moved the electrical outlet behing the 55g sump so that still needs to be rehooked up and the DJ strip installed. Still have to figure out were to put the reactors. Oh, and I still have to finish covering the stand (bar) sooner or later.
LQQKs like I will start on the canopy this weekendÖ does it ever end???

Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #23

Quick update.
Not done my no means but itís as far as itís going Ö have to make the wifey happy for a while and take here places. But I do have to keep her happy and she already wants to add more fish. I told her she had to wait.

I added 50# of cured LR to the +/- 75# I had plus added 10# of dry rock so roughly 130#. I will have to move more things around as time goes. I bought 120# of LS and only used 100# I put 20# of it in the sump. I might add the other bag in the DT later.
Here are a couple of simple pics.

Water in with sand. Running the system making sure everything works and is at temp.

First one is from the kitchen side which I must add LQQKS good by accident and Iím still not happy with the front side. I also got some corals in from ReefWorks on Friday.

I had hoped to have everything swapped last weekend but it did not happen so they had to go in the stock tank for a day. The first couple of pics are with the sump light over the tank while moving and adding stuff. And I put the canopy from the 75 on top for the moment and to get it out of the floor.

I still have some electrical things to do and finish ATO wires and floats. I plan on starting a canopy this week. I had hoped on doing it today :^(

Old 03-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #24

I had a couple people ask me what are all the pipes for. It's a Bean Animal setup and is SOOOO quite.

Old 03-25-2012, 2:08 PM   #25
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Holiday Partier

ARC BoD

ARC Member

City: Cumming
Other Interests: Home Improvement, Woodworking.
Looking good man. I love it.

Old 03-25-2012, 8:55 PM   #26
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Atlanta
Other Interests: Gardening, computers, disc golf
Thanks for sharing, you'Ve done a lot of work!!

Old 03-26-2012, 9:34 AM   #27

Pics below are still work in progress taken on an old cell phone:^( The tank can be viewed on all 4 sides.

FRONT

BACK

LEFT SIDE

RIGHT SIDE

Old 03-29-2012, 1:24 AM   #28

sneak preview

not finished yet just the front half. think I have decided that I need to cut some doors in the front where the trim rectangles are at.

Old 03-29-2012, 6:32 AM   #29
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Holiday Partier

ARC BoD

ARC Member

Sweet, I like it. :-)

Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #30

Sneak peek at one of the lights for the top.

I decided to add doors to the front so you did not have to open the whole top. I was going to add a side feed door but did not. It would have been easier I think. I still have plenty to doÖ. it's just primed for now

The front half has doors that will flip up and the last picture is the back side thatís in the kitchen.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Dallas
That's nice work!!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouper therapy View Post
That's nice work!!!!
thanx, it did get easier as I went and I hate to cut crown molding but it went better after I cut the pieces and then matched it up before nailing it. also don't know what happened the the first pic

Old 04-03-2012, 4:30 AM   #33

not even close to finished. just wanted to see it up there. still have another coat and level it up an finish some sheet rock

Old 04-03-2012, 5:36 AM   #34

Old 04-03-2012, 5:49 AM   #35
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Holiday Partier

ARC BoD

ARC Member

Looking good. I like the drawer slides idea. May have to steal it. :-)

Old 04-07-2012, 8:07 AM   #36

Here are a couple of pics to update you. Still need to do several things. I thought I would install a thermostat inline so when the heat was too much in the canopy the fans would come on as needed. I will be lowering the LEDS today.

Old 04-07-2012, 8:31 AM   #37
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Holiday Partier

ARC BoD

ARC Member

Very nice. This is really coming along. One of these days I will catch up to you. :-)

Old 04-07-2012, 8:39 AM   #38

I took Thursday and Friday off. we were to go somewhere and they were booked so my wife asked me instead of going somewhere could we stay home so she could get her house back. something about tired of fish parts all over everything.

I just don't understand it. Since she has started getting involved I tell her that it's all for you, honey!!! she tells me I'm number one LOL

Old 04-07-2012, 9:01 AM   #39
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Holiday Partier

ARC BoD

ARC Member

When she tells you that you are number one is via sign language by chance? LOL

Old 04-07-2012, 9:57 AM   #40

she calls it finger puppets

think about it.... when your in a crowd and yu say" finger puppets" you know what she is talking about. LOL