Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Member Tanks
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 03-28-2012, 7:03 AM   #61
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Perry
State: GA
Other Interests: Photography, Home Theatre, and many more...
Sorry to hear about the loses. I've had a few similar incidents between pest algae and PO4 spikes. I quit the Zeo route for the time being and have went GFO as well. I noticed you said you were using NO3POX4, I too experienced a Cyno outbreak after using it.

I've used Coral Snow in the past, either with ZeoBak or not and it does help to remove Cyno. Good luck with the treatment. Good luck!

Old 03-28-2012, 7:48 AM   #62

City: Dallas
Other Interests: Rugby and UGA football
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefknight View Post
Sorry to hear about the loses. I've had a few similar incidents between pest algae and PO4 spikes. I quit the Zeo route for the time being and have went GFO as well. I noticed you said you were using NO3POX4, I too experienced a Cyno outbreak after using it.

I've used Coral Snow in the past, either with ZeoBak or not and it does help to remove Cyno. Good luck with the treatment. Good luck!
Hope all is well with you and the tank Bill.

I was reading on another board about someone having trouble with Cyno after using NOPOX for a few months and that is about how long I have been using the product.
I am going to hold off dosing it for a few days(week) and see if that with the Coral Snow/MB7 dosing helps.
I have also been thinking about replacing NOPOX with Vodka and I guess now might be a good time.

Old 04-09-2012, 6:20 PM   #63

Started dosing a combo of Coral Snow and MB7 last Tuesday to help with my cyno problem and it seems to be working. About half of the cyno has disaapeared and the other doesn't seem as dark in color or "thick" looking.

I have some really nice SPS coming next week from Reefworks and I also have this frag of Cornbred My Buggati on the way...

Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #64
CJ
ARC Member

City: Vinings
very nice addition, try to get some pics when you get it it!

LinkedIn
Old 04-11-2012, 2:09 PM   #65
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Perry
Other Interests: Photography, Home Theatre, and many more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveRock27 View Post
Started dosing a combo of Coral Snow and MB7 last Tuesday to help with my cyno problem and it seems to be working. About half of the cyno has disaapeared and the other doesn't seem as dark in color or "thick" looking.

I have some really nice SPS coming next week from Reefworks and I also have this frag of Cornbred My Buggati on the way...
Glad to hear that the combo of MB7 / CS is working for you. Did you stop dosing NOPOX during this time frame as well?

I have several SPS frags, and others, from Ryan. Awesome stuff!

Old 04-11-2012, 2:25 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefknight View Post
Glad to hear that the combo of MB7 / CS is working for you. Did you stop dosing NOPOX during this time frame as well?

I have several SPS frags, and others, from Ryan. Awesome stuff!
My sand bed is continuing to clear up nicely, but I am still seeing some on the lower parts of my rockwork(that touching the sand).

I turkey basted everything this morning before dosing and we will see if that helps.

I am still dosing NOPOX, but mainly just to finish up my second bottle and then I am switching to Vodka.

I have bought a number of zoas/palys from Ryan over the years and they have always been really nice, so I am excited to see all of the new SPS I am getting.

Old 04-23-2012, 2:19 PM   #67
CJ
ARC Member

City: Vinings
How did your shipment turn out? I also noticed you have an MP10 on your back wall, I just add one on mine, so we have the same vortech setup. What modes are you running/what speed percentage?

LinkedIn
Old 04-23-2012, 2:42 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj25 View Post
How did your shipment turn out? I also noticed you have an MP10 on your back wall, I just add one on mine, so we have the same vortech setup. What modes are you running/what speed percentage?
All of my Millis and Acros from Ryan turned out really nice, so much so that I ordered a few more things from him yesterday.
The My Buggati I got from Fishy Business is actually a lot larger frag than I figured it would be and the colors are really nice. I also got a nice 8 poylp frag of Cherry Charm Zoas from them and I had only ordered a 4 polyp frag.

I have my 2 MP40s on Reef Crest set to Anti-Sync and the MP10 is on the EcoSmart setting. As for Speed I have them set on the 9th dot out of 12. I have tried running it higher but it ends up causing a hole in the sand in the front middle of my tank. I guess that is where all of the currents hit each other.

Old 05-02-2012, 9:22 AM   #69

My combination of Coral Snow and MB7 has almost completley cleared up my Cyano problem. I have a little left on the backside of a few rocks, but it apears to be getting "thinner".
I have also switched over from dosing NOPO-X to dosing Vodka. I saw a spike in both my NO3 and PO4 when I first made the switch. I am now on week 3 and have seen both drop, so I will stick with this dosing to see if I can get my parameters back down to as close to 0 as possible.
I am still hoping to get a new Camera soon, so for now here are a few shots from my Iphone and sorry for all atinic shots as well.

Utter Chaos

Lucky Charms Lepastrea

RDPEs, this started as one polyp 3 months ago and now I have over 10

ECC Hybrid Watermelon Chalice, the rim has filled in nicely and body has colored up as well, but just not putting out any more eyes.

Candy Apple Greens

Flame PEs

Magnificent Foxface

FT

Old 06-04-2012, 9:34 AM   #70

6 months old - Video

The tank has been up and running for 6 months now.

I have had many ups and downs with the tank, but things have been runnin a long pretty smoothly for the past 6 weeks since I was able to get rid of the cyano.

Fish are all fat and happy and my corals have all colored up nicely and starting to show some good growth.

Here is a quick video with my Iphone of the tank.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #71

My male Lyretail Anthia has developed Popeye. He looked good yesterday morning, but when I went to check on the tank last night he had it. I started dosing their food with KanaPlex and Focus and he is eating and acting normal. Hopefully this will take care of it, but it is a shame since he is my wife's favorite fish.

Old 06-19-2012, 8:57 AM   #72

I have been treating my lyretail for about 10 days now. His eye had blown up really large and he wasn't swimming around as much, but was still eating well over the first week of treatment. Over the last 3 days the eye has completely gone back to normal except for one bubble in front of his eye and he is much more active. I am going to continue treating until his eye is back to normal and I will keep y'all updated on his progress.
The additional feedings have cause a small spike in nitrates and some cyano has showed up on the sand and a little HA has shown up on the rocks. My foxface is keeping the HA under controll and I am going to start dosing my mix of Coral Snow and MB7 to help with the cyano.

Old 06-19-2012, 7:26 PM   #73
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Cumming
Other Interests: Home Improvement, Woodworking.
Good luck. I wish you continued success and hope the fish has a full recovery. :-)