Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Reef Discussion
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 09-02-2011, 5:15 PM   #1

City: Atlanta
State: GA
Are bubble-tips suppose to look like this?

I have a new gbta which seems amazingly healthy, ive seen pictures where they actually have what look like "bubble" tips...does it mean anything if they look like my picture...like not enough light, etc? or is that ok?
thanks

Old 09-02-2011, 5:19 PM   #2

Your anemone seems to look fine. Some BTA's show the bubble tip, some do not. In time yours may show the bubble tips, and then revert to looking like this again. Nice specimen you have there.

Old 09-02-2011, 5:25 PM   #3

i figured it was fine..just wondering if he has enough light or not and thats why hes stretched up so high...hes at the very top of the tank but to be fair thats where theres the most space for him..hes under a 150w MH and his top tenticle is 2 inches from the top of the water

Old 09-02-2011, 6:18 PM   #4

City: Winder
Other Interests: motorcycles and photography
Send a message via Yahoo to blakejohn
It is not streched up toward the light as you may think it looks like. You have an up flow where the nem is. Shut your pumps off and it will.fall flat.

And yes some bta get bubble tips .and others don't. You may get them.and you may not. Nobody knows what makes them bubble.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 09-02-2011, 6:35 PM   #5

so are u saying theres too much flow up there or its ok?

Edit: oh nvm i see what ur saying

Old 09-02-2011, 8:07 PM   #6

City: Marietta
Other Interests: Baseball
If there was too much flow, he would move. I'd say leave it alone. Bubble tips have a habit of shaking things up

Old 09-02-2011, 8:53 PM   #7
ARC Member
ARC Member

The Nem's looking good Craig......Some have bubble tips and some don't. I have nine BTAs spread out among my three reef tanks, and some keep their bubble tips and some don't.

Old 09-02-2011, 8:54 PM   #8

thanks, i think it looks great too...just wanted to make sure he had enough light and such

Old 09-02-2011, 9:25 PM   #9
US Army 11 Bang
ARC Member

City: Smyrna
Other Interests: sport shooting
From what I was told ( by two different sponsors) that the nem will bubble up if it gets just the right amount of flow. Too much flow and it will elongate like that. My old rbta never bubbled up because i had two mp40 facing each other at 30" apart. Now MH new nem bubbled up in my rsm for the few weeks I had it. Then it elongated itself after I added two mp10 of the tank. Neither of my nems moved in either tank. They just don't bubble anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #10
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Alpharetta
Other Interests: UGA Football, Braves, Falcons, Books, PC Games, Guns
Just as others have said, the nem looks like it is in good shape... the ones that I have almost never "bubble" and they have been doing good for 2 years!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #11

Other Interests: girl scout leader
I bought one and after 10 minutes in my tank it was all bubbled up.The previous owner said she had never seen it bubble. She had clownfish ... when i got this one i did not. Now that i have clownfish mine looks just like yours ...

I have a hard time believing that is what it is though because with all the other gbta i have had i had clowns and they all stayed bubbled ? who knows ....
I wouldnt worry about it though.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #12

this one was semi bubbled when i got it and i got it from acro so im pretty sure its a gbta...and at night it gets bubbly lol when the lights go out...i was just concerned it wasnt getting enough light and thats why it was stretched out but it seems pretty common..i do have medium to high flow throughout the tank so that could be it..i kinda like this look better than the bubled look to be honest though

Old 09-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #13
ARC Member
ARC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angcot70 View Post
I have a hard time believing that is what it is though because with all the other gbta i have had i had clowns and they all stayed bubbled ? who knows ....
It is a GBTA..100% no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If Craig doesn't like it he can bring it back and I'll refund his money.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acroholic View Post
It is a GBTA..100% no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If Craig doesn't like it he can bring it back and I'll refund his money.
you misunderstood what i said ..i meant i have a hard time believing that the clowns being in it is what is causing it not to bubble ...meaning mine .... I never had any question that either mine or his is not a gbta ... read the first part of my post and then add the second part you quoted.

hard time believing that is what it is ...meaning the clowns were causing it ...

gesh it seems like everyone lately is taking what i am saying the wrong way ... sorry

Old 09-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #15
ARC Member
ARC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angcot70 View Post
you misunderstood what i said ..i meant i have a hard time believing that the clowns being in it is what is causing it not to bubble ...meaning mine .... I never had any question that either mine or his is not a gbta ... read the first part of my post and then add the second part you quoted.

hard time believing that is what it is ...meaning the clowns were causing it ...

gesh it seems like everyone lately is taking what i am saying the wrong way ... sorry
Sorry, my bad. I saw Craig's comment that he was "pretty sure it was a GBTA" right after yours.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acroholic View Post
Sorry, my bad. I saw Craig's comment that he was "pretty sure it was a GBTA" right after yours.
no sweat just a misunderstanding. I am just a bit touchy lately because it seems everytime i post something lately i get attacked ... it all good though, i will just try to phrase things more clearly for now on. I can see how you might have taken it that way ...

Old 09-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #17

oh no, i love it and i dont have any doubts its a gbta..i just wanted to make sure it had enough light etc...im very happy with it, acro